Thread: Enable the wireless feature

Enable the wireless feature

Hello,

I have a ASUS notebook Windows 7 (OEM). In recent days, and without apparent reason, the wireless feature is not active at boot of the computer (the WiFi icon to the right of the taskbar is crossed out in red). To remedy this situation, I have to click on it, then start solving problems. The wifi is activated and the connection to my box nine is completed.

Every time I turn the computer, I must repeat this operation. I could go on like this, but it's a bit painful. Above is not normal operation. I updated the driver for the NIC and I have also tried to "play" with the key combination [Fn + F2]. This changes nothing .... Thank you for the help you can give me.

Re: Enable the wireless feature

If it was working before then have you tired out the system restore? Its worth to give a try.

• Press F8 when PC starts.
    • Choose System Recovery which should be the first option Startup repair, System Restore, Windows complete pc restore, Windows Memory Diagnostic tool and Command prompt

Hi,

Same problem with my computer by HP , I tried everything but couldn't resollve this issue. I was not able to solve a problem without a restore to an earlier date!

Normally you have a button somewhere to enable / disable the wireless (this helps save battery power)! This may be because of it!

If this is not a case -> Try to restore to a date earlier when it was working fine.

In "Network and Sharing Center" -> Click "Manage wireless networks" (left) -> Select the wireless network question -> Right Click -> Properties, Connection tab, the option "Connect automatically when this network is in range" is she always checked? Another avenue possible to check whether there is a newer version of the driver of your wireless network card (Device Manager).

Best regards,

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"