Thread: AirPort Express Error : Bad param error -4

AirPort Express Error : Bad param error -4

Hi,

I imac pc is connected to Airport via Dlink Wireless 150 Router DIR-600. My Airport Express was working fine from past 6 months but from few days, I am getting error message : "Bad param error -4". I have also checked in Admin assistant, I tried a soft reset and a hard reset and finally a factory reset. Using the default password "public" I still get the same error (-4). What may be the issue ???

Re: AirPort Express Error : Bad param error -4

Check that the cable routing is adapted to your base station. The AirPort Extreme (802.11n) has 4 Ethernet ports, 1 WAN port (WAN) and 3 LAN ports (LAN). The first AirPort Extreme includes two LAN ports and one WAN port, plus a modem port. Note: The icon used for the Ethernet LAN port on the AirPort Base Station (Dual Ethernet) is the only Ethernet icon used on products with a single Ethernet port.

If you have a wireless Ethernet card 802.11 non-Apple, make sure it is compatible with the software and Apple hardware that you use. The PowerBook G3 work with the card or WaveLan Lucent Orinoco, but only under Mac OS 9. Cards from other manufacturers do not work with AirPort software from Apple when the computer boots into Mac OS X.

Make sure that the procedure used by the base station to obtain information (IP via DHCP, BootP, or manually) is that required by your ISP to the Internet. If you use a cable modem or DSL connection, check if your home Internet requires entering your customer ID. Most providers of Internet access do not ask. Do not be surprised if yours does not. The customer ID is provided in the AirPort software version 1.2 or later.

You may lose your AirPort connection if you are out of range of the base station or if a barrier between your computer and the terminal blocks wireless signals. To control the intensity of the signal, open the AirPort application (Mac OS 9) or Internet Connection (Mac OS X). The signal strength is it noticeable? Try moving closer to the base station or eliminate potential sources of interference.

The network name is sometimes invisible in the case of a "closed network". It is well defined by the administrator. To connect to a closed network, choose "Other" in the AirPort menu. In case of difficulty, check with the administrator that you correctly enter the network name. To resolve this problem, it may also be useful to make the network name visible.