Thread: Airport Error : There was an error joining the Airport network

Airport Error : There was an error joining the Airport network

Hi,

I have netgear fwg114p wireless router connected to my mac powerbook g4. When I tried to join an 802.11b network, I get the error message, "There was an error joining the AirPort network 'xxxxx'". I tried holding down the control key and trying again and still does not work. my pc is capable of connecting to other wireless networks without any problems. Please give me some input on the issue and the possible cause of the problem. If anyone else has the same problem, please share it ..

Re: Airport Error : There was an error joining the Airport network

This is a common scenario, when a base station was switched on and connected to the Internet for an extended period, it appropriated an IP address (DHCP lease) longer than authorizes the ISP to the Internet. This did nothing wrong and neither your Apple equipment, or your provider of Internet access are concerned. If the base station is located in a place does not allow the disconnecting easily, you can restart it using the AirPort Utility or AirPort Admin. If the DHCP lease time you seem extremely short, contact your ISP to the Internet to verify that there are no other problems on the network.

In some cases it may be wise to put all network equipment off and then on again. Similarly, the fact of leaving some devices unplugged for 5 minutes can be effective even if 30 seconds are usually sufficient in most cases. Try unplugging the base station, any hubs and routers and cable modems or DSL. Turn off computers connected to the network. Start by plugging the cable modem or DSL, if any. Then, connect the AirPort base station and wait a few minutes, the time required to complete the boot sequence at the lights. This prevents another device from taking the DHCP lease. Finally, start a computer.

Connect directly to the Internet without going through the AirPort. If the connection is not good, make sure it is properly configured. Then click the Wizard button in Network preferences. For earlier versions, see Mac OS X: Connecting to the Internet, troubleshoot your Internet connection and setting up a small network. If the connection is successful, disconnect the phone line or Ethernet cable from the computer and plug the base station.
    Connect to the network base station, and please use the AirPort Setup Assistant or AirPort Utility to reconfigure it.

It is preferable to use the latest version of Mac OS, either for Mac OS 9 or Mac OS X. Use the control panel update software (Mac OS 9) or preferences Update software (Mac OS X) to install the updated software. Because some updates only affect others, using, if necessary, update software repeatedly until all available updates have been installed. For more information, see Mac OS X: Update Software.

Your AirPort base station should use the latest available firmware. This program is integrated with the AirPort software. In some cases, you must download it separately to get an updated version. If you connect to a base station using the AirPort Utility or AirPort Admin (/ Applications / Utilities /), you will be prompted to update the firmware version later when it is installed on your computer as part of the AirPort software.