Thread: Infected by password.exe virus

Infected by password.exe virus

I have a big trouble in my pc, my pc is infected by "password.exe" virus which always appears in the drive as a folder and when i try to delete, it is deleted but when i insert external hard drive say usb drive, the virus appears in the usb drive and it affects the files which the usb contains. I don't know what to do, i am trying to remove it but i am unable to remove it. My antivirus detects it but fails to remove it from my computer. Please help me to remove it from my pc.
    Last edited by Harmony60; 11-02-2010 at 11:38 AM.

Re: Infected by password.exe virus

I have some information on this virus. I have searched the information about this virus, it is related to the "spyware" threat. Your computer's data might be at risk and you need to get rid from it as soon as possible. I recommend you to update your antivirus as you have stated that your antivirus is unable to delete it. So search some best antivirus on the net and try online scan to secure your computer from this threat.

I was having the same virus issue before one weak ago but was able to remove it from my computer. I tried to update my antivirus but nothing happened and was disappointed to remove it. One day i was searching a tool on the net and i got "SpyHunter" with free version which was only for spyware detection. I downloaded it and installed in my computer, the spyware scanner it detected password.exe on my pc and removed it completely and it also removed some other malicious files. So, i would recommed you to use this tool.

The virus which your are having it is related and created under the followin files names:

ProgramFiles%\password 2000\password.exe (which is a variable that refers to the Program Files folder in the C:\.)

System%\password.exe (it is referred to thesystem files.)

Temp%\data\password.exeTemp%\ixp000.tmp\password.exe
    Temp%\password.exe
    Temp%\rarsfx0\password.exe
    (all the above temp files are reffered to the temporary folder in the short path form.)

c:\password\password.exe

You can remove it manually by following the below mentioned steps:

You can use Windows File Search Tool to find and delete the password.exe file.

• First go to the Start then to Search and to All Files or Folders.
    • In the search section, you need to type in "password.exe" file name.
    • If you want the better results then select "Look in: Local Hard Drives" or "Look in: My Computer" and then press the "Search" button.
    • After the windows finishes the search, go in the "In Folder" of "password.exe", do a highlight to the file and copy/paste the path to the address bar. Save the path of the file and try to delete it.

There is a process of cammand prompt by which you can detect and delete "password.exe" and other related virus.

Step1
    To open the cmd go to the Start there you will find Run option select it and in that write "cmd" and then press the "OK" button.

Step2
    Type the name of the folder or file as "dir /A name_of_the_folder" (for example, C:\Spyware-folder), which will help you and it displays all the hidden file and contents.

Step3
    If you want to change the directory type "cd name_of_the_folder".

Step4
    When you find the files type in del "name_of_the_file".

Step5
    If you want to delete the entire folder, type "rmdir /S name_of_the_folder".

Step6
    If you want to end the "password.exe" process then click on the "End Process" button to end it.

You can perform the above actions endering in secure mode or try system restore.