Thread: Setting Up a New Network

Setting Up a New Network

We have just purchased a new server with Microsoft Exchange Server and it has been set up by our computer tech. However, I'm not sure that he has set it up in the best way. Our network has to coordinate two Toshiba Tecra laptops and two Asus netbooks and two Blackberries.

The way it has been set up is that we access the network using Remote Desktop from our laptops whether we are in the same location as the server or we are truly "remote". Microsoft Outlook has been set up to retrieve our emails from approximately 4 different email addresses from different ISPs and then deletes them from the server. However, we also retrieve our emails on our blackberries (9700) so we have to ensure we've received them before they are retrieved onto the server.

My thought is that it should actually be set up so that the emails are retrieved onto the server (which would always be on) and then forwarded from there to the Blackberries thus enabling us to be selective about which emails actually go to the BBs. This would also, hopefully, allow us to use the "out of office" feature.

Am I on the right track? Any thoughts or suggestions of places to look for more information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Setting Up a New Network

I was also facing similar type of issue but i try to use the below and it was very helpful for me hope it hep you too

Suggestion for setting up network
    Setting up a network using a netgear wgr614 v6 router
    Setting up own Network
    Setting up a home network Xp & Vista no go