Thread: Symantec fails to delete Trojan: Zefarch

Symantec fails to delete Trojan: Zefarch

I am using Symantec antivirus since the last one year. Using this antivirus my computer was never infected by threats as it was able to detect and delete any threat that was trying to gain access to my machine. Since the last one week I am getting antivirus alert messages for Trojan: Zefarch, but Symantec fails to delete Trojan: Zefarch. How can I deal with this Trojan to delete it permanently?

Zefarch trojan

The Zefarch trojan unlike any other trojan is harmful to computer's security and secure data as too has the capability to hijack the user data and pass it to a remote hacker. This trojan also confuses the user with random file download pop-ups which are malicious files that the trojan uses to infect the computer. Execution of such malicious files causes the trojan to infect and even gain access to secure data and Windows Registry.

Scan your hard drive in Safe Mode

I too had this same trojan- zefarch that made its way to my computer. I had a pop-up which I mistakenly clicked and download the trojan. Since then there were random system changes in my computer which involved duplication of files and folders as well as relocation of files and folders. I am also using Symantec anti-virus which did not even detect the trojan. But using the Safe Mode I scanned my entire hard drive and the Symantec anti-virus was able to delete the trojan for ever. So I recommend it to you to Scan your hard drive in Safe Mode.

Trojan: Zefarch has a backdoor to allow remote access

The Zefarch-Trojan is already credited as a Severe Level threat by Microsoft. Also this Trojan has a backdoor. This backdoor can be explored by hacker who created the Trojan to gain remote access of the infected host machine. The hacker then sends data which has instructions to carry out following actions:
    • Pop-up unknown Download file messages.
    • Redirect the user to a malicious website.
    • Cause DOS- Denial of Services attack.

Trojan: Zefarch Redirects Seaches

The Trojan: Zefarch not only steals user data and send it to the remote attacker but it also redirects the user's search query results to websites which contain malicious programs in order to cause more harm and gain access to the sensitive data on the user computer system. But apart from redirecting the search results it also involves in keeping track of the websites browsed by the user. In order to hack the username and password of any website that user uses to do secure transactions.

Reinstall Windows

If your anti-virus application fails to delete any malicious program that is hosting in your computer then you need to switch to some other reliable anti-virus options. Also if this does not works then it means the virus or trojan has made an entry in the Registry. The only now you can actually delete them is by re0installing Windows. You only need to re-install Windows and not format any other drives apart from the Drive used to install Windows.