Thread: How to configure PC to backup to Windows Home Server?

How to configure PC to backup to Windows Home Server?

I have heard about the Windows Home Server can backup the the computer on the same network. I also want to perform the same but don't know How to configure PC to backup to Windows Home Server? that is why i nee your help to do the same. I have created the server and having other PC connected to the same. So help me with the same. Thanks in advance

Re: How to configure PC to backup to Windows Home Server?

This is very easy for the user of the Windows Home server that you are using with your system. All you have to do is to open the console and then click on the Computer & Backup tab. Here you will get the list of the computer in the network.Right Click on the one which you want to take back and click on the Configure Backup option from the context menu. Welcome screen will appear click on next to proceed. Wait for some moment till the list of the drives display. Click on the drive that you want to take backup of. Now now on the next screen select the folder that you don't want to take back up of. Click on the next and you are done. You have successfully taken the back of the computer. Thanks

if you want to take the back up of the computer on the network to keep the data safe on your computer even if anything will happen wrong with the computer on the network then also you have the backup of that on the server, you have to follow the below give steps.
    • Open The Windows Home Server from the Start menu
    • Click on the Computer & backup tab
    • Right Click on computer that you want to take back up
    • Click on the Configure back up
    • Click on next to Welcome screen
    • Select the drive and click on next
    • Select the Folder that you want to exclude
    • Click on the next
    • And You are done.

Open the Windows Home Server Console With the Windows Home Server Console, you can see which of your PCs have been backed up and the backup status of each. To view your PCs, click the Computers and Backup tab. Select the PC you'd like to view, and then click View Backups to see a list of all the backups performed on that PC. Select a particular backup, and then click Open to view all the files backed up from that PC. Once you open a particular backup, you can easily view all the files that were backed up. And you can easily drag the files you want to restore to a folder on your computer.

As per your discussion i am following the complete steps carefully but don't know what happen and the back up stops with the following error " The backup failed because of a problem with your Windows Home Server Connector software. The System event log contains more details". i am unable to solve so could you please help to solve this issue.

It could be possible because of the unknown networks has occurred. When the home server detects the another network interfering the it stops with the same error. To solve this problem and to know more about it you should have to troubleshoot the same. You can also check out the below given link that is have the same problem that you are facing. Thats all i can help you.
    windows home server backup fails