Thread: How to remove DOS.Generic_c.KG

How to remove DOS.Generic_c.KG

My acer aspire laptop is running smoothly with windows vista now my anti virus is detecting a virus DOS.Generic_c.KG. I don't know how to remove this file since my antivirus cannot remove this file. Please help me to remove the DOS.Generic_c.KG virus from my system. Any help would be highly appreciated

Re: How to remove DOS.Generic_c.KG

I think that this is a new virus detection since it is not detected by the antivirus which you have installed on your system. You have not mentioned the name of the antivirus which you are using. That's why it is not possible to provide certain kind of solution on this threat try to furnish some more details in your further replies.

Since i posted the above query in a hurry that's why i forgot to mention the name of the antivirus installed on my system. Currently i am using the quick heal on my system it usually detects the virus but it is unable to remove it. I don't know why most of the virus manufacturer claim that they povide a complete protection.

It seems as you have not updated the virus definition so i think you should update the virus definition before scanning the system with the antivirus. Because some virus which are recently discovered can be removed by updating the antivirus definition. This will definitely fix the DOS.Generic_c.KG virus

As far as i know the AVG is the best antivirus which will be able to delete these kind of threats. I have been using the AVG 9.0 free edition from a very long time it is a wonderful antivirus program. This also provides hassle-free protection against today’s most sophisticated threats, online and offline. The Link Scanner which helps you to prevent from unknowingly visiting harmful sites and installing harmful files.