Thread: iDisk Error 5016

iDisk Error 5016

Hi,

I upgraded to mac os x 10.5.6. Now I find that iDisk is acting strange. When trying to upload my files I get the error message, Your iDisk is not available because the iDisk server is experiencing an unexpected error (-5,016). I'm having this problem with my other computer running Tiger. So I can't open my iDisk and this started happening as soon as I updated to 10.5.6. What does this iDisk Error 5016 mean ?? Any ideas as to what might be wrong?Any ideas?

Re: iDisk Error 5016

If you receive an error -5016, you must first verify that you can connect to the Internet. To test your connectivity, you can simply visit a website popular such as http://www.techarena.in/ If you can not connect to techarena and if you are experiencing connection problems with other applications that depend on the network, such as Mail, iChat, iDisk, you need to troubleshoot your Internet connection.

If you do not see error messages other applications, but still receive an error -5016 when trying to connect to iDisk, or if you recently made changes to the Internet connection of your computer, for example after a period of sleep or after changing the internet connection (eg Ethernet AirPort), it is possible that you had to wait a few minutes before trying to connect to your iDisk.

If you are receiving error iDisk Error 5016, try the below steps :

• From the Apple menu, select Log Off.

• Open a new session.

• Try to connect to your iDisk.

• If the problem persists, restart your computer.

First, make sure you can connect to MobileMe via me.com. If you can not connect to MobileMe, check the information that you use to connect . If necessary, reset your MobileMe password as described here. If you can connect to MobileMe, click the iDisk icon to connect to iDisk. IDisk connections are made using the port 80 and the Digest Authentication Protocol. If you can connect to the Internet but you can not connect to iDisk, probably something interrupts your connection to iDisk.

If you can connect to MobileMe iDisk, without being able to connect to iDisk in the Finder, make sure your MobileMe account and your account information and password in System Preferences Mac OS X. You can find all the instructions for verifying and edit your account information MobileMe in System Preferences.

If you can not connect to Disk from your preferred network on any computer, try connecting from another network if you have one available. If you can connect from another network, which is not what you try to use mainly, it is possible that something interrupts your connection to iDisk. Log in to MobileMe iDisk via another browser (for example, if you use Safari, try to connect to MobileMe iDisk in Firefox).