Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to disable password expiry reminder in windows 7

Networking & Security

Old 10-02-2010

How to disable password expiry reminder in windows 7

I am having a dell inspiron laptop which is installed with the windows 7. Windows 7 there exists a utility which asks or reminds you to change the password i don't like this utility. I want to disable this password expiry reminder any how from my system. Hence i am requesting you to suggest me a way to disable this utility.

Old 10-02-2010

Re: How to disable password expiry reminder in windows 7

Hello friend i think that this is a very good application in windows 7 and since the windows 7 operating system is far more secure than all the previous versions of windows. This is providing you some more security as well as it hardly takes 20 seconds to reset the password again so why you don't like this application i think that you must use this.
Old 10-02-2010

There is a simple solution to this situation this utility makes windows 7 a lot more secure than any other operating system so i would recommend to use this but if you want to disable it click the start menu select accessories and right click on the command prompt now select run as administrator and type net accounts/maxpwage and hit enter this will do the trick
Old 10-02-2010

Here are the steps to disable the windows 7 password expiry reminder

1. Right click on Computer and select manage.
2. In the Local users and Groups Users look for your user account and double click it and check password never expires option and you are done with what you wanted

Last edited by Snake08 : 10-02-2010 at 03:29 AM.
Old 10-02-2010

If you want to disable the password expiry reminder in windows 7 follow the steps which are mentioned below

1. Go to the start menu and select accessories
2. Now, Right click on the command prompt and select run as administrator
3. This will open the command prompt now enter the command net accounts/maxpwage:unlimited
This will disable the password expiry reminder
Old 10-02-2010

It can be disabled by slight adjusting the security settings in windows local users and groups. What you have to do is simply click on the computer and select manage find "Local users and Groups" and search for your user names double click it and there you will see an option "Password never expires" just check it and apply it.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,