Thread: Protect the computer from Mal/EncPk-HH

Protect the computer from Mal/EncPk-HH

Is there method to protect the computer from Mal/EncPk-HH? This infection keeps entering into my system whenever I am browsing the internet. The AVG antivirus helps me to get rid of the same. But, I need to know how it gets entry into my system. I am using Windows XP operating system and my browser is Opera 10. I am awaiting for suitable replies and suggestions.

Re: Protect the computer from Mal/EncPk-HH

Inorder to protect the computer from Mal/EncPk-HH, I suggest you to enable the firewall in the system as follows:
    1. Click on Start
    2. Then, go to Control Panel.
    3. Here, select Network and Internet Connections.
    4. Now, click on Change Windows Firewall Settings.
    5. After that, select On.
    6. Lastly, click OK.

You will have to take caution while accepting file transfers from unknown users while you are surfing the internet to protect the computer from Mal/EncPk-HH. Many a times the unsuspecting users accept files from the attackers who pose to be a friend while chatting. They will describe that the particular file is of great use and so on. You just have to stay alert and keep away from such invitations, since these files generally contain infections.

To protect the computer from Mal/EncPk-HH, I advice you to stop downloading pirated softwares from the internet. This is how many users fall prey to the attacks of the infections. The attackers embed the infections along with such pirated softwares and when the users download such softwares, they actually download the entire infection along with into the system.

Hello there, keep all the softwares in the system updated, since the infections are developed as to execute in a particular environment. So, by keeping the entire system updated, the environment of the entire system changes and thus, the same method can be used to protect the computer from Mal/EncPk-HH and such other infections. For this purpose, keep the Automatic Updates in your system always on.

The attackers generally send bulk mails to many users by embedding infections along with the emails. So, you will have to beware while opening the email attachments from the unknown users to protect the computer from Mal/EncPk-HH. I advice you to open only those mails that are send by the users whom you know. This will keep your system safe from infections, that enter from the web.