Thread: What is the CPL and how it works

What is the CPL and how it works

Hey, i am sorry if am posting this query in wrong section. I am having a Sony Vaio laptop with Wi-Fi and Windows Vista. While, traveling today i heard some guys talking something about CPL. What i know about it is its related to WiFi. I guess it might be useful for me in any manner. So, could you guys please make me know what is CPL and how it works? Thanks in advance.

Re: What is the CPL and how it works

The CPL allows better throughput of data transmission than WiFi. The scope is generally better, and risks of piracy are reduced because the waves are supposed to stop after the counter (not in the case of old meters). It can transmit large files and speeds up the display of video games. It allows to carry computer data via a grid. Since the transport system signals PLC is not shielded and radiates outward from a flat, traffic confidentiality is not guaranteed because a malicious neighbor could pick up signals. With a traditional network, the "attacker" must be physically connected to the LAN through a cable, which limits the risk of leaks.

The PLC (powerline) is a network technology, using the grid of the house (electrical outlets), to the end of transmitting information between different hosts (typically computers and router). It is a competing technology of WLAN, which she uses the microwave. This technology is used by long electric operators to get maintenance information and operating the network as the switch peak / off-peak.

If the implementation of PLC systems around the world makes the reception of shortwave virtually impossible, as will the countries whose development broadcasting on shortwave is the only means of disseminating information cheap? Indeed, this will then be the major satellite operators worldwide who will have imposed their monopoly in this country since private shortwave radio, they only remain the satellite as a communications medium capable of covering large areas.

The CPL course is used in all homes. However, you understand a few concepts of electricity. A standard electrical outlet is composed of 2 son: a phase and neutral. Often, there is also a third over the earth, which serves to protect your equipments. The speed of a PLC network is significantly lower (between 10 and 20 times slower) than a traditional wired network. This is due to line losses and the fact that each device connected to the grid generates noise and can disrupt traffic, thus slowing down (repeat requests packages).

The purpose of CPL is to provide a Vice telecommunication service top flow using the existing infrastructure distribution Networks. There are two different parts in using these networks for their application: either use in a private apartment, personal or intranet or public use as the Internet. It is in all cases to allow computers match them at rates and significant competitive with systems existing specific, which is therefore require a very bandwidth. In summary, is providing technical solutions alternatives to all systems today, they are wired as ADSL, or wireless such as satellite and Wi-Fi.

Logically designed to reduce environmental nuisances interplay between electronic devices (electromagnetic compatibility rules EMC whose purpose is to prevent electronic equipment interfere with each other), the PLC system introduces a generalized significant interference in the range of shortwave could restrict considerably the reception (broadcasting, amateur radio, military, embassies, CB, time signals, telemetry, radio astronomy, aviation, etc.).