Thread: iWeb Publish error: An unknown error occurred

iWeb Publish error: An unknown error occurred

Hi,

I have created a Website created with iWeb 2.0.4 and put on my acount Mobile.me and redirected to another domain. The file "Domain" represented 1.5 GB Since then, I started having problems publishing Mobile.me. While publishing on mobile.me, the window showed a normal progression and iWeb gives Publish error: An unknown error occurred. What does this error mean ?

Re: iWeb Publish error: An unknown error occurred

Sometimes, timing errors on the network can cause problems when you publish to MobileMe from iWeb. If you've already managed to publish and your computer and your Internet connection has not changed, wait a few minutes and try publishing again and ensure that you use the latest version of iWeb. Use Update software to check whether software updates are available for your computer.

The MobileMe passwords over 20 characters may cause publishing issues with certain pages in iWeb. If your MobileMe password exceeds 20 characters, go to me.com/account/ and log in using your member name and password MobileMe. Click Password, enter twice your new password and click OK. Enter your new password in MobileMe preferences in System Preferences and try publishing again.

If you can publish to a folder, try copying this file to your iDisk. To access your iDisk, choose iDisk> My iDisk from the Finder's Go menu. When iDisk is mounted on your desktop, copy the file from your hard disk to the Documents folder of your iDisk. If copying the file to your iDisk works, you can delete the folder of your iDisk safely, since the copy was a test to verify connectivity to your iDisk is working as intended. If you receive an error message when you copy the folder to iDisk, it is very likely that the problem is related to your network.

Try disabling any firewall, proxy server or software filtering system used. (We are not able to provide configuration information or installation of your proxy server or firewall to allow publication on MobileMe as ports, IP addresses and other information are subject to change. )Check your connectivity and your network settings. If you wish, you can contact your ISP to the Internet (ISP) for help.

If you are able to connect to your iDisk, try to publish a single blank page to test your MobileMe account. If it works, it is possible that the content on a particular Web page or file in the primary domain of your site prevents the correct publication.
    • If you've already created an iWeb page, use a new domain file to publish a blank page. This article explains how to save the file domain. Once the backup is completed, you can delete, open iWeb and publish a blank page as a test.
    • You can also create a new user account in Accounts preferences (in System Preferences) and login with this account. Open iWeb and publish a blank page.

Another way to check if the problem is whether your LAN is trying to publish to MobileMe from iWeb, you are connecting from another network, possibly in an Apple Store. Find an Apple Store by clicking here and click the link to make a reservation at the Genius Bar. This visit can be billed. If you can publish to MobileMe from iWeb to another network, then you have isolated the problem to your own network or Internet connection.