Thread: Unable to detect the signal from my router (SSID)

Unable to detect the signal from my router (SSID)

Hi,

I am not able to connect my Nintendo wii with wireless router. My access point does not appear when I perform a search for an Access Point. What may be the problem ???Can you tell me why my Nintendo Wii is unable to detect the signal from my router (SSID) ???

Re: Unable to detect the signal from my router (SSID)

If you can not run your router in your home, please change the following settings. If you do not know how to change these settings, please see the manual of your router, the manufacturer of router or supplier of Internet access that installed your router.You must already have uneconnexion high-speed Internet, like cable, DSL, or fiber optics. The connections by satellite and cellular may experience problems playing online.

If you are unable to connect using your router, make sure the latest updates to firmware of your router is properly installed. In most cases, download an updated firmware can enable Wii console to connect to the Internet. If you have not updated your firmware, please consult the website of the manufacturer of your router to see if any updates are available. We recommend installing the latest firmware and try to connect.

If you can not determine if this setting is enabled or disabled on your wireless router, it is quite possible that no MAC filter is used. If MAC filtering is enabled, you must enter the MAC Address of the Wii in one of the available fields. The MAC address of the Wii may be:
    • From the menu of the Wii Channel. Select "Wii Settings" (the round button at the bottom left of the screen that says "Wii").
    • Select "Internet" then "Console Settings."
    • The MAC address of the Wii console is displayed on the front line.

It you may need to use the "Manual Setup" and set your Wii console on "Static IP". You have to assign a static IP address to the Wii. Go to the router's settings and determine the range of available IP addresses. (This is usually with the DHCP information.), then select one of available IP addresses and enter this, like Gateway and Subnet addresses in the manual settings on the Wii (Procedure). If you can not find the range of IP addresses in your router settings, you can usually see through the IP configuration settings of your computer. Add "10" the number of the last slot and enter the IP address in the manual settings on the Wii.

It requires to connect to your router and change some settings. The first thing to do is to change the MTU size manually in 1365. Then go to Wireless tab under Basic Wireless Settings and change its network of mixed-mode if it is not by default then change the radio band to the Standard - 20MHz Channel Standard and 11 to 2.462 GHz.