Thread: Need help for removing Win32.Funner

Need help for removing Win32.Funner

My computer is suffering with the problem of Win32 Funner virus. I get to know this when my antivirus software gave me an alert message that Win32 Funner is detected on my computer system. I have delete this Win32 Funner from my computer many times but this Win32 Funner comes again and again in my computer system I just want to get rid of this Win32 Funner from my computer system. If possible please mention some of the preventive measures for avoiding problem like these.

Re: Need help for removing Win32.Funner

This Win32.Funner is a worm not a virus. Viruses are designed to corrupt the windows system file which will result in the crash of the system. On the other hand worms are designed to consume the memory space and the processing power of computer system. This consumption result in the slow working of the computer system. If your antivirus software is not able to delete this Win32.Funner worm from your computer system then change your antivirus software.

Once this Win32.Funner worm enters your computer system then it will try to copy itself to the windows system directory using the following names System%\IEXPLORE.EXE, %System%\explorer.exe, %System%\userinit32.exe. It also copies “rundll32.exe” in the windows root directory. %WinDir%\rundll32.exe. This Win32.Funner worm also creates the log file with the name “bsfirst2.log” in the windows directory. %System%\bsfirst2.log

You have deleted this Win32.Funner worm but it comes again and again because it alters the registry key so that it can launch at the time of restart. This worm modifies the registry key given below. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] "MMSystem" = "%Windir%\rundll32.exe "%System%\mmsystem.dll"", RunDll32" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon] "Userinit" = "%System%\userinit32.exe"
    If you have the registry key knowledge you can delete this worm manually

For removing this Win32.Funner from your computer system uses Sophos antivirus software. This sophos antivirus software will not only remove the Win32.Funner from your computer system but also remove the other malicious codes which can harm your computer system. Try to remove this Win32.Funner worm from your computer system in safe mode. For going in safe mode you have to press F8 key at the time of restart.

Re: Preventive measures

Using antivirus software or manually deleting the registry key you can surely remove this Win32.Funner worm from your computer system but you must follow some of the preventive measures for avoiding problem like these.
    1. Do not download pirated software, because they may contain the backdoor.
    2. Update your antivirus software regularly
    3. Scan your system on the regular basis
    4. Enable your firewall setting and use strong passwords for preventing your system