Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2010

MSE real time protection won't turn on

I tried a number of times but the microsoft security essential could not be turned on I tried a lot of stuffs including restarting the machine and then waiting for a while and then leaving the system as it is for some times but all this cannot help me to turn on the MSE real time protection. please help me in this matter.
Old 09-02-2010

Re: MSE real time protection won't turn on

Seems that the microsoft security essential has not been installed correctly on your system so i think that you will have to install the microsoft security essential on your system again. The reinstallation will definitely help you to solve this problem. Also restart the system after the reinstallation.
Old 09-02-2010

You have not mentioned the source from where you have downloaded the Microsoft security essential. Because i think that the setupe file which you might be having is not proper or it has been corrrupted. So try to doenload the file from the official microsoft website and then install it again on your system.

Last edited by Steve123 : 09-02-2010 at 05:00 AM.
Old 09-02-2010

These problems often arises when you you have some other antimalware programs already running on your system including Windows Defender,So just uninstall them this could fix your issue. Since antimalware programs which is already running on your computer may clash with the microsoft security essential.
Old 09-02-2010

I am also having the same problem with my windows vista PC i reinstalled the Microsoft security essential from my system. But no change ,The real-time protection is still turned off and when you try to click the button in order to turn it on it goes into a disabled state but nothing else changes.
Old 09-02-2010

Have you updated the microsoft security essential before turming it on i think this the bug try to follow the instruction which i have mentioned below:

* Download the microsft security essential again
* Install it on your system and restart your system.
* After restarting the system update it with the latest definition.
* This should fix your problem
Old 04-12-2011

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...ang=en&id=2986 for xp users please download required file from the above link and restart your system

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , ,