Thread: Security settings not refreshing in windows 7

Security settings not refreshing in windows 7

I have an HCL me laptop installed with the windows 7 i am really facing a big problem due to security settings not refreshing. Whatever i do to solve this problem but they remain unchanged i don't know why this is happening to my system. Any body any ideas can help me pertaining to this matter. I would really appreciated the help.
    Last edited by Cassey; 09-02-2010 at 03:19 AM.

Re: Security settings not refreshing

In this case i would suggest you to open the registry editor and then try to find out the group policies object keys and then change it and apply it. I think that this will surely refresh your security settings and also i would suggest you to scan all your system and try to find threats or viruses.

I tried what you suggested i searched for the group policies and then edited Group Policy Objects key and noticed that all the changes which i have made did not take effect in the registry and consequently it does not force the security setting at all to get refreshed any other ideas please help me.

It clearly appears as your system is infected since you are unable to refresh the security settings and hence it will be better if you download the malwarebyte antimalware and install it on to your system and try to fine all the threats which are present on your system find them and delete or remove them before they trouble you anymore.

Re: Security settings not refreshing in windows 7

I faced the similar kind of issue and finally got the solution when i performed a set of steps on my system which i am listing below

* Delete the applocker rules by clearing all the rules mentioned in the left poanel
    * After this change the GPO refresh interval
    * Create a new administrator account
    * Back up all your archives into my new admin account and create a new MMC snapin from the new administrtator account.
    * Delete the older admin account and delete all of its files
    * Create brand new rules for the applocker
    * changed the settingts which still had the old usernames such as firewall
    * create new EFS encryption files for the new users i think that this will fix the issue.

Re: Security settings not refreshing in windows 7

Thanks to the above set of instructions i managed to refresh the security settings of my windows 7. But don't know why this does not worked on my friends system. After trying these steps three to four times my friend finally restored system and then it started working hope one of these will definitely solve this issue.