Thread: How to remove Trojan.Spy.Zeus.W?

How to remove Trojan.Spy.Zeus.W?

Hello, I have recently bought a new hp laptop and i have installed windows 7 on this notebook. My operating system has been infected by the Trojan.Spy.Zeus.W. How come this virus can be there on my system because i have deleted it by using my anti virus system which have detected the same. I have tried it for many times but it is detecting the same. Now how to remove Trojan.Spy.Zeus.W?

How Trojan.Spy.Zeus.W comes to your system.

Actually Trojan.Spy.Zeus.W is a trojan which comes as an attachment to the emails so you must have opened some unknown attachment given with the email in your inbox. Many spam mails contains malicious data contained in a file that has normal file format such as word format. Trojan.Spy.Zeus.W has the icon of a *.chm file which is none other then Microsoft Compiled HTML Help File.

Caution while opening an attachments.

I can only suggest you that you should use caution while opening an attachments given with the emails from unknown users. These mails would be containing something really attractive which will be forcing you to open an attachment but it has been all happening by the mean of infecting computers with the trojans. Do not ever open any transferred file from the network unless it is from your known person.

About Trojan.Spy.Zeus.W

Trojan.Spy.Zeus.W is a trojan which come with the microsoft compiled HTML Help file which has a extension of " .chm ". File format is just to trick the users so that user does not play safe while opening the particular file. This trojan inserts the code into winlogon.exe in order to create files and run on the computer so that user does not come to know about it.

Activities by Trojan.Spy.Zeus.W

When your computer gets infected by the Trojan.Spy.Zeus.W then first of all it will injects the code into winlogon.exe to create files then it will copy itself to %WINDIR%\system32\sdra64.exe with the different sizes so that you do not doubt by watching the files with the same size. Then it creates "lowsec" folder containing 3 files which in turn contains the encrypted data. These files would not be visible in normal Windows Explore even if you enable watching the hidden files. Trojan.Spy.Zeus.W modifies the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit registry key so that it runs on every reboot.

Download Avast Anti Virus.

Avast anti virus would be the perfect one to deal with the trojans on your laptop. I think your HP laptop would have provided with the single copy of the anti virus system as you have purchased it recently, so you may use that also. I have given the LINK which directly redirects you on the instant download of the same. You do not need to update this software as it can automatically update itself when you connect with the internet.