Thread: Unable to start the windows security center in windows 7

Unable to start the windows security center in windows 7

My system is running with windows 7 professional edition quiet smoothly i never had any sort of issue with the operating system. I frequently get notifications that the "Windows security center services are turned off. Whenever i click the button to turn it on nothing happens. I don't know why i am unable to start the windows security center in windows 7. Need serious help

Re: Unable to start the windows security center in windows 7

Seems as you have no antiviruses installed on your system and hence the security warning is been given to you frequently. Hence it would be better if you download the microsoft security essentials or the MSE and install it onto your system. After installing the microsoft security essentials you will not get this warning again.

This error is thrown frequently by the windows 7 operating system whenever you forget to install an antivirus on your system so its upto you to download and install a suitable antivirus on your machine. you will get rid of these errors as soon as the installation is completed. MSE would be a better option.

As you all suggested i tried the AVG 9.0 free edition antivirus . I downloaded this antivirus on my system and installed it but the error appeared once again then i tried to install the microsoft security essentials on to the system but that too could not solve the problem. Please suggest a different solution.

I think you have not restarted the system after installing the microsoft security essential in your system. Because unless and until you do not reboot your system after the installation the system will not detect the installed antivirus program. So install the antivirus program again and the reboot your machine. After this you won't see this error message again.

For this you will have to change some settings slightly. Open the start menu and type "services.msc" in the run box without the double quotes and then press the enter key. Then have a close look on it and watch for safety center or something similar double click on it and check whether it is set to start automatically if not then press start right below that option.