Thread: Help to prevent Win-Trojan/Zbot.63488.Q from entering the computer

Help to prevent Win-Trojan/Zbot.63488.Q from entering the computer

I am searching for some help to prevent Win-Trojan/Zbot.63488.Q from entering the computer. I am using Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Avast antivirus and my browser is Internet Explorer 8. If the infections enter the system, I am able to delete the same using the Avast antivirus, but I keep getting the alerts of Win-Trojan/Zbot.63488.Q, whenever I am browsing the web. Please reply with some methods to avoid such infections from gaining entry into the system.

Keep the database of the antivirus updated

It does not not matter even if you are using the best antivirus and you do not update it. So, I suggest you to keep the database of the antivirus updated to prevent Win-Trojan/Zbot.63488.Q from entering the computer. With this technique, the antivirus will not only be available to detect when the infections try to enter the system, but also will be able to delete the new infections that are released by the attackers.

Enable a firewall on your computer

I suggest you to enable a firewall on your computer inorder to prevent Win-Trojan/Zbot.63488.Q from entering the computer. Follow the steps given below:
    1. Go to Start
    2. Then, click on Control Panel.
    3. Now, select Network and Internet Connections.
    4. Click on Change Windows Firewall Settings.
    5. There, select On.
    6. Lastly, click OK.

Beware while accepting file transfers

I advice you to beware while accepting file transfers to prevent Win-Trojan/Zbot.63488.Q from entering the computer. The attackers will chat with you and make friendship with you. After some time they will tell you to accept some particular file, which they will describe as a very useful or good file. You just have to stay alert and decline such invitations, since those files contain infections or malicious contents.

Stop downloading pirated softwares

Stop downloading pirated softwares to prevent Win-Trojan/Zbot.63488.Q from entering the computer. Many unsuspected users easily fall prey to such an attack. This is because the users search for such files on the internet. The attackers know this and hence, they embed the pirated softwares along with the infections. So, when you will be downloading the softwares, you will be actually downloading the infections into the system.

Re: Help to prevent Win-Trojan/Zbot.63488.Q from entering the computer

To prevent Win-Trojan/Zbot.63488.Q from entering the computer, I suggest you to get the latest computer updates for all your installed software. For this purpose, do as given below:
    • Click on Start
    • Now, click on Control Panel.
    • There, go to System.
    • Click on Automatic Updates.
    • Here select the setting along with the time when you need to download the updates automatically into your system.