Thread: Need help to remove Worm.MiniZip

Need help to remove Worm.MiniZip

My computer system is behaving in abrupt manner. First of it is working very slowly and when I scanned my computer system with the help of AVG scan antivirus software I got the alert message Worm.MiniZip is detected on my computer system. I have no idea from where this Worm.MiniZip entered in my computer system. I just want to know the methods for removing this Worm.MiniZip from the hard disk of my computer system.

Re: Try to restore your computer system.

For removing this Worm.MiniZip from your computer system try to restore your system. System restore is not a perfect solution for removing the Worm.MiniZip from your computer system but it can be use to minimize the damage done to your computer system. For restoring your computer system you have to follow these simple steps.
    1. Go to Start >> Programs >> Accessories >> System tools
    2. Select system restore
    3. After that a system restore window will be displayed.
    4. You have just select the date for system restore
    5. Reboot your personal computer.

Re: Need help to remove Worm.MiniZip

From the name Worm.MiniZip it is clear that it is internet worm. Normally worm are designed to consume the memory space and the processing speed of the computer system. This consumption of memory space and the processing speed result in the slow working of the computer system. This Worm.MiniZip not only infect the system but also damage the data on your computer system.

Worm.MiniZip which is detected on your computer system is an explorerZip worm. This worm normally uses the email software like Outlook, Outlook Express and Exchange for spreading from one computer system to another computer system. This Worm.MiniZip searches for the files with the extension “doc, xls, ppt, h, asm, c, cpp” in the local drive and also in the mapped derive. After finding these files this Worm.MiniZip reduces the file size to zero. Hence it is impossible to recover the lost data.

Re: Update your antivirus software

If your current antivirus software is able to detect Worm.MiniZip on your computer system then it must be able to delete it from your computer system. I think the problem is with the updates of your antivirus software. According to me you must update your antivirus software and then try to remove this Worm.MiniZip from your computer system. It will be better if you try to remove Worm.MiniZip in safe mode. For going in safe mode you have to press the F8 at the time of restart.

Restoring your system, updating your antivirus software, or trying to delete the Worm.MiniZip in safe mode will definitely solve your problem. But you must follow some of the preventive measures avoiding problems like these.
    1. Do not download pirated software, because they may contain the backdoor.
    2. Update your antivirus software regularly
    3. Scan your system on the regular basis
    4. Enable your firewall setting and use strong passwords for preventing your system