Thread: Windows Xp getting slower, is it infected

Windows Xp getting slower, is it infected

HI, i am a Windows XP user. I had done a fresh install couple of weeks ago and also installed AVG Antivirus on the same. Now from last few days, i can realize its strange behavior like system is working very slow, browsers are not working properly, etc.. So, i wanted to know is my Xp infected with any virus ? When i am scanning with my antivirus, it is not able to detect any worm. Please help.

Re: Windows Xp getting slower, is it infected

Pc getting slower may be due to infection. Even if you use antivirus software, some malicious programs can come to pass through: spyware, spyware, rogue, rogue anti-virus, Trojan horse or virus. Some of these malware learn to detect the virus "official" to hide, to see just disable them. I'll suggest you to install any good and updated antivirus and scan your complete system. but before that disable system restore and scan in safe mode.

There is an good antivirus named as SUPERAntiSpyware. It allows you to clean your computer and remove malware, viruses, rogue software, spyware and other threats that lurk there. The software detects and removes more than 1 million infections known even more pernicious as Live Antivirus, Security Tool, PC Live Guard Security Win 360, etc.. It is also light on System Resources and won't slow down your computer like many other anti-spyware products. Won't conflict with your existing anti-spyware or anti-virus solution!

The in-depth analysis of your computer will allow SUPERAntiSpyware to detect harmful programs and files. Just follow these steps:-

• Double click the SUPERAntiSpyware icon on the desktop.
    • Click the right mouse button on the SUPERAntiSpyware icon and choose the command Scanner Spyware, Adware, Malware.
    • Click Scan your computer.
    • Select drives to scan, select Perform Complete Scan and click Next.
    • Your computer is then analyzed. The operation may take several hours. Click OK.
    • All items are listed pests detected. Select items to delete and click Next.
    • The files and registry entries are malicious then quarantined. Click Yes to restart your computer and remove harmful files.
    • Finally, restart your computer to exit Safe Mode.

There is also another type of infection that AVG and most good AS are capable of detecting, based solely on the potential risk to users who are unaware. In AVG, this type of software called "potentially unwanted program" (PUP, Potentially Unwanted Programs) ... Elsewhere, it is named "Hacktool", "riskware" or "not-a-virus" (non-virus). It is normally very effective utility .. but since they can be used to harm, AVG and other utilities to detect and, therefore, the user does not realize their existence.

Among these programs, utilities for recovering passwords or license keys forgotten (like the installation key of Windows), IP scanners, software, remote administration and other such tools. If any of these programs is installed on your system, you must exclude from detection by your utility analysis of malicious code or at least do not delete when cleaning the system. Remember that this is not malicious code and they do not damage your system. BUT, if you ignore their existence, perhaps a sign that a hacker has installed on your machine to hurt you. A basic rule: If you are aware of them, keep them on your system otherwise, put them in quarantine and check their true nature later.

In Safe Mode, the file system other than Windows are not loaded. Recalcitrant pests are then more easily detected and removed. By enabling the support network, you will have access to the Internet. Here is how to that:-
    1. Restart your computer.
    2. When you start your computer, right after the "beep" mode, press the F8 key.
    3. In the menu that appears, with the arrow keys, go to the option Safe Mode with network support and press Enter.
    4. Only essential system files of Windows are loaded.
    5. After a few minutes, the safe mode Windows is running.