Thread: Want to remove W97M/Prilissa virus from my computer system

Want to remove W97M/Prilissa virus from my computer system

I am really annoyed with the problem of W97M/Prilissa virus. Whenever I try to work on Microsoft word I get the error message and then my work stop. I get to know that the problem is with the W97M/Prilissa virus when I scanned my computer system with my antivirus software. My antivirus software gave me the alert message that W97M/Prilissa virus is detected. I am trying to delete it but it comes back again and again. So I need to know the method for deleting this W97M/Prilissa virus from my computer system.

Re: W97M/Prilissa is a word macro virus

W97M/Prilissa virus which is detected on your computer system with the help of antivirus software is a word macro virus. Normally this W97M/Prilissa virus infects the Microsoft word documents. This W97M/Prilissa virus use the MAPI functions for infecting, this W97M/Prilissa virus collects the user profile and the password for server logon. If your current antivirus software is not able to delete this W97M/Prilissa virus from your computer system then you must change your antivirus software.

Re: Want to remove W97M/Prilissa virus from my computer system

This W97M/Prilissa virus steals the address from the Microsoft outlook address book and sends the infected email to the other computer user. This is the way this W97M/Prilissa virus spreads from one computer system to another. Once this W97M/Prilissa virus enters your computer system then it will disable the tools macro menu commands. This W97M/Prilissa virus also checks the following registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\""CyberNET""
    If the above registry key is present then the virus is activated

It is clear from the above replies that this W97M/Prilissa virus uses the medium of email for sending the mail to the other computer system. Now the subject and the body of the infected email are randomly selected by this W97M/Prilissa virus. This W97M/Prilissa virus also modify the AUTOEXEC.BAT file so that this W97M/Prilissa virus can launch again when the computer is rebooted. At the time of reboot this virus also formats the data which result in the loss of Microsoft data.

Re: For removing this W97M/Prilissa virus use solos antivirus

For removing this W97M/Prilissa virus from your computer system I will suggest you to use solo antivirus software. I was also suffering with the same problem of W97M/Prilissa virus. I got rid of this W97M/Prilissa virus problem with the help of solos antivirus software. This solos antivirus software will not only remove the W97M/Prilissa virus from your computer system but also removes the other malicious codes which can harm your computer system.

Before buying any new antivirus software I will suggest you to update you current antivirus. I am saying this because your current antivirus software is able to detect this W97M/Prilissa virus on your computer system. If your antivirus software is able to detect it on your computer system then it must be able to delete it from your computer system. Try to delete this W97M/Prilissa virus from your computer system in safe mode. For going in safe mode you have to press F8 key at the time of reboot.