Thread: How to restore file placed in a quarantine area?

How to restore file placed in a quarantine area?

I think that avast has all my photos in quarantine because I can not find the file and starting yesterday there was a message saying that there was a virus. I have not looked at what file it was and I clicked on "quarantine" to save the file. but mistakenly that was important images that i want to restore now? please guide me to recover those quarantine file or my images.

Quarantine file locations

First off which antivirus program you are using? every antivirus program have different locations to save quarantine files. Quarantine is a special secure storage area where backup copies of possibly infected objects are placed. Normally in your antivirus program there is the interface to restore Quarantine files. Look for the option in your antivirus application.

Avast Quarantine file locations

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    First off which antivirus program you are using? every antivirus program have different locations to save quarantine files. Quarantine is a special secure storage area where backup copies of possibly infected objects are placed. Normally in your antivirus program there is the interface to restore Quarantine files. Look for the option in your antivirus application.
    Hi thanks for your reply, i'm using the avast antivirus application and i can't find any options to restore Quarantine items . please tell me if you know about where avast store those files . Thank you again.

Access quarantine files of Avast

To access the quarantine area of Avast follow these steps:

Do a right click on the blue ball in the systray Avast and Avast antivirus is starting when you have the skin of avast you click the top left of the present case of mailbox and you will have access to the quarantine area.

Avast quarantine zone

From avast:

Restore system files. During installation, avast! copy some critical system files in the quarantine zone, in the category "System Files". These files could cause a crash of the operating system they become infected by viruses. If necessary, these files can be restored from the quarantine area to their original folder. If an unknown virus infecting the computer despite the high protection of avast! and alter important system files, you can easily restore its original state.

So if I understand it seems rather that these files are automatically copied and made safe in the quarantine zone that does not mean they are infected but if we can restore them after the copies.

restore and recover quarantined file

To restore a quarantined file, you click first sue the avast icon, as you do when you want to run a scan. Then you click on "quarantine area". You benchmark your or your files, then -> file -> restore (the command is on top of the page).

To recover files deleted from the trash, you download "Recuva", unless you do not already possess. Then you run and you follow the procedure.

Restore a file transfer after a false positive for Quarantine Zone

To restore a file transfer after a false positive for Quarantine Zone follow the following steps:

• First, click the right mouse icon blue avast located in the taskbar near the clock, select the menu that appears 'Updated' And then run the update database virus by choosing 'Update Virus Database'.
    • Once the update completes, update confirm message will appear.
    • Then click the right mouse the blue icon in the taskbar and select the menu that appears 'Start avast! Antivirus'.
    • Click on the button 'Menu"And select the option 'Quarantine Zone'.
    • Click the right mouse button on the file you want to restore the Quarantine Zone quarantine and select 'Scanner 'In the context menu.
    • A dialog box should appear informing you that the analysis has been completed successfully.
    • Click the right mouse button on the file you want to restore the Quarantine Zone and select 'Restore 'In the context menu.
    • Another dialog box should appear informing you that the file has been successfully restored.