Thread: Want to delete W32.Plage@mm virus from my computer system.

Want to delete W32.Plage@mm virus from my computer system.

My computer system is infected with the W32.Plage@mm virus. I get to know this when my antivirus gave me an alert message that W32.Plage@mm is detected on my computer system. I have deleted this W32.Plage@mm from my computer system but then also my antivirus is giving me the same alert message. I do not what is more annoying this W32.Plage@mm virus or the popping of alert message from the antivirus software. I just want to get rid of this W32.Plage@mm from my computer system.

Re: Try to restore your computer system.

You try to restore your system for deleting this W32.Plage@mm from your computer system. Restore is not the perfect solution but it can be used to minimize the damage done by the W32.Plage@mm to your computer system for restoring your computer system you have to do the following things.
    1. Go to Start >> Programs >> Accessories >> System tools
    2. Select system restore
    3. After that a system restore window will be displayed.
    4. You have just select the date for system restore
    5. Reboot your personal computer.

Re: Want to delete W32.Plage@mm virus from my computer system.

W32.Plage@mm which is detected on your computer system is a kind of internet worm not a virus. Viruses are designed to infect the computer system or to corrupt the windows system files that will result in the crash of system. On the other hand worms are designed to consume the memory space and the processing power of the computer system. This consumption results in the slow processing of your computer system. I will suggest you to upgrade your antivirus software for deleting this W32.Plage@mm worm from your computer system. Deleting this worm in safe mode is a better option to go for.

This W32.Plage@mm worm uses the MAPI functions for infecting the email messages. This worm normally spreads through infected emails and the name of the infected attachment is chosen randomly from these names pics.exe, setup.exe, images.exe, Card.EXE, joke.exe, billgt.exe, PsPGame.exe, midsong.exe, news_doc.exe, s3msong.exe, hamster.exe, docs.exe, tamagotxi.exe, humor.exe, searchURL.exe or fun.exe. If your are getting the email with the attachment names given above then avoid downloading the attachments.

Once this W32.Plage@mm worm enters your computer system then it will copy itself to the windows directory with the name INETD.EXE and registers itself to the windows auto-run applications. This worm also hides itself by changing the registry value and also display a fake dialogue box which tell to unzip the infected file and after unzipping the worm it display the message that the unzip failed. If your current antivirus is not able to delete this worm then you must change your antivirus software.

Re: Removing method for deleting W32.Plage@mm worm

For removing this worm you have to delete the "INETD.EXE" which is present in the windows directory. After that you have to delete the entries of "Run=C:\windows\INETD.EXE" in "win.ini" file. After removing the files you have to delete the registry key mentioned below.
    "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Current Version\Windows".
    Deleting the registry key will definitely remove the W32.Plage@mm worm from your computer system.