Thread: helpctr.exe problem

helpctr.exe problem

Hello. I have been using Desktop machine with Windows 7 installed as the operating system in it. I have installed certain programs few days back and after that when I restarted my system I discovered that a popup gets opened every now and then saying error: helpctr.exe. I do not know where did it come form. Please help me out. Thank you.

Re: helpctr.exe problem

The problem that is been faced that is helpctr.exe is possible a virus issue that is been causing your system to open up popups every time. It needs to be cleaned by running a scan check for the same. You could do it by following the steps as follows:

1) Go to the start button and click on it.
    2) Now on the search box type SFC/scannow and hit enter.
    3) You may need to insert the utility disc that is the Windows 7 in order to perform the complete action.
    4) After it is been finished Restart the system.

This should fix the issue.

You could use the powerful antivirus tool or software in order to make the things to work out very well. Use Quick heal antivirus that can make the threat to get rid out off your system. This is a good antivirus tool that will enable the system to function well. Also the system would then be safe from such threats which may cause serious issues. Look out for the same.

There is an alternative for the same that is to make the helpctr.exe problem to be resolved. You can do the necessary steps that may help you out in making the things to work in your way and in favor of the system.

Go to the start menu and then choose the search box.
    Type SERVICES.MSC and hit enter.
    You need to Locate Help and Support.
    After that right click on the section and choose properties then process with STOP.
    Now make it disabled in the startup type.
    Restart the system.

It is quite possible to make the issue sorted. This is that the system is been affected by a virus and hence the help section of the system file may have been corrupted. You need to repair the file by using the utility disc that is Windows 7 and run the installation wizard. You will get an option for repair the system and hence proceed with the thing. This may repair the file that is been corrupted.

Troubleshooting the system may help you out in curing the problem. All you need to do is to Right click on the My Computer. Now after you have done with it choose properties. Now click on the advanced tab. Under the startup and recovery choose settings by clicking on it. Under the system failure uncheck the automatic restart. Click on OK button and then make the changes . Restart the system.