Thread: Wireless Connectivity issues in ASUS K50IN notebook

Wireless Connectivity issues in ASUS K50IN notebook

Hello friends, I have recently purchase Asus K50IN notebook which is installed with Windows 7 operating system. I have a broadband connection which is provided by DLINK DIR wireless router. I am facing Wireless Connectivity issues in ASUS K50IN notebook. I connect to the router using Wifi on the notebook. The notebook gets connected to the router but then after some time loses connectivity. After disconnection the Notebook is not able to connect to the router again. I cant figure out what the problem is and hence I need your help. The router is also connected to the desktop computer which is running on Windows XP. Please help.

Re: Wireless Connectivity issues in ASUS K50IN notebook

I would suggest you to check the network configuration first. It happens many times that the configuration of the network devices changes when a new device is connected to the network. If the configuration of the network changes the devices are not able to connect to the network. Hence check the configuration of all the network devices and if there are any changes to be made then do the changes and then save the settings. Once the settings are changed and saved, check if the notebook is able to connect to the router and maintain the connectivity or not.

Check if the installed drivers for the Network adapter are installed and working properly on the notebook. If the drivers of the network adapter are not installed properly on the system then the network adapter will not work properly and will create problems like the one which you are facing. To check if the drivers for the network adapter are installed properly and are working, right click on My computer and then select Manage. Now select device manager. In the device manager, locate and find the Network adapter and then see if there are any caution signs against it. If there are any caution signs then follow the troubleshooting procedure. If troubleshooting does not help then try reinstalling and updating the drivers.

The earlier version of Windows 7 has lot of problems in it. The major problem which is faced by the users of earlier version of Windows 7 is that it has compatibility issues with lot of manufacturers of the network adapter due to which the drivers of such network adapters do not work in Windows 7. This problem was later solved in the first update of Windows 7. Hence update the Windows 7 installation which you are using. Also go to the Website of the Network adapter which you are using and download the latest version of the drivers for the model which you are using and which is supported in Windows 7 and install it.

Try connecting the Laptop to the router using a Wired connection. I think there is some problems like interference of the signal due to which you are getting disconnected from the network. You will need a Straight Ethernet Cable to connect the notebook to the router. Once the router is connected to the notebook, open the Network connection wizard and then go to the properties of LAN. Now select TCP/IP utilities and the click on properties. Now enter static IP address if you have or select Obtain IP address dynamically. Enter the Default gateway and Preferred DNS by referring the settings on the desktop computers. Now save and apply the settings and then see if the connection is lost on the notebook or not. If the connection loses then there is some problem with the NIC of the notebook and it needs to be replaced.

The default IP version of Windows 7 is version 6 while the version of the IP of Windows XP is version 4. Therefore it is possible that the connection is getting disconnected due to version mismatch in IP. To solve this problem, you will have to disable the IPv6 support of Windows 7. To do that, go to TCP/IP properties and then remove the Check mark against Enable IPv6. Apply the settings and then check the connectivity. If disabling IPv6 does not work then check the DHCP on the router if it is working properly or not. DHCP is responsible for assigning IP address to the devices which are connected using wireless connection.