Thread: Infected by bankerfox.a virus

Infected by bankerfox.a virus

Hi friends,
    My computer got infected by this virus some how, i'm not understanding that how i got infected by this threat, it doesn't allow me open task manager or to enter the registry editor and also i cannot open my spyware program. I have also downloaded other spyware programs but still it won’t allow me to open them. A message popup's everytime saying that .exe file is infected. I want it to get removed from my desktop because it's taking over file by file. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Defining bankerfox.a virus

BankerFox.A is defined as a dangerous Trojan virus, which is designed to steal the personal sensitive information which is related to online banking transactions. It monitors the information of users activities and logs, usernames, passwords credit card numbers or other beneficial information. In other cases, fake security applications that displays fake BankerFox.A security threats to mislead users for purchasing a anti-virus programs.

Re: Infected by bankerfox.a virus

I was having same virus issue but got removed by doing the following steps. To remove BankerFox.A spyware you have to block all the BankerFox.A sites, after that stop and remove all processes, make unregistration of all DLL files, search for all other BankerFox.A files and registry utility and delete them. The most typical way to remove software BankerFox.A by using "Add or Remove Programs" program. It is necessary to do because your system may contain hidden BankerFox.A files, running processes and registries.

This is my way by which i removed this virus. The step which i followed is that I removed it by pressing the shift key and hold it immediately when I saw the window logo, it will help you to stop this stop the bankerfox.a from running. After that I went to the task manager and stoped all the services which i was not able to recognize. One or most of the services where related to the virus. After finishing all the above steps you can then go into your registry and search for bankerfox.a files and deleted them.

I'll provide you some guidelines to overcome with your problem. If you want to successfully remove all malware infections i.e (viruses, spyware, adware etc) from your system then you'll need to follow some guidelines as well as using effective tools.

1. First thing is to turn System Restore off, because if any infection is removed should not restore.

2. Scan your system with a combination of the best detection utilities because different scanners sometimes pick up different infections. Like
    McAfee Stinger, SpyBot Search & Destroy, Lavasoft Adaware.

3. It would be great if you disconnect your network connection after you updated your antivirus with the latest virus/spyware definitions.

4. If the above steps doesn't work then, try with the safe mode, when you start your PC tap F8 key, select “Safe Mode” and once again repeat the scans.

I hope the above mentioned steps should help you.

Hi,
    When you are able to access you task manager and registrykey editor then you can follow these steps to remove BankerFox.A completey from your system.

To remove BankerFox.A, you have to stop all BankerFox.A processes currently that are running in your system's memory. To stop all BankerFox.A processes, you must press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to open the Task Manager. Click on the "Processes" tab and search for BankerFox.A, when you find it then right-click it and select "End Process" key.

After that you have to delete all BankerFox.A registry keys. To delete BankerFox.A registry keys, you have to open the Windows Registry Editor by clicking on "Start" button and select "Run", there you type "regedit" into the box and click on "OK." Once the Registry Editor is open, search for the registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\BankerFox.A." When you'll find this key just Right-click on this registry key and select "Delete."

Finally, to completely remove all BankerFox.A components , you must remove other BankerFox.A files manually. These BankerFox.A files can be in the form of EXE, DLL, LSP, TOOLBAR, BROWSER HIJACK, and BROWSER PLUGIN.