Thread: How Conficker worm work?

How Conficker worm work?

hi,
    I am mca student.I just purchased personal computer in my home.Actually i aware about computer virus and worms. But i don't have much idea about latest conficker worms.How do they work.How do they infect to our system and what type of anti virus software suitable for it.So please any one tell me how does conficker worm work in system and for protect our system from it then what type of anti virus use for it?

Re: How Conficker worm work?

A computer worm is a computer programming code that self replicate.It is not work like virus.It uses a network to send copies of itself to other nodes and it may do so without any user intervention. Worms does not need to attach to an existing program.If you share computer with weak password then it may infected by that type of conficker worms.Because worms always cause at least some harm to the network.When you use any external device like usb sticks or any other removable hard drive or data cable may also infected by worms.For the protection of our computer from that type of worm you can downloaded some software like Microsoft Malicious Software ,Removal Tool or any other anti virus software.

If your computer with open share then it may chances of infection of worms.If your computer have not latest security updates then it also get infected by worms.So computer with proper password policy ,current security updates,latest anti virus or any other software and secure share s are protected from infection of that type of conficker worms.A conflicker worm is not like a virus mean that type of computer worm can infect your computer as well as spread itself to other computer across a network automatically without any type of human interaction.

Win32/conflicker attempt to make numerous connection to computer across the network,it seek the particular system which has not any current security updates.It also seek any open shares as well as week password.If your computer is infected with the Conficker worm, you may be unable to download certain security products, such as the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool.The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool checks computers running Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, and Windows Server 2003 for infections by specific, prevalent malicious software.you can also use Microsoft Update for the new updated secrete.

If you find any worm or any malware then scan your system.If your computer with open share then it may chances of infection of
    worms.When you use any external device like usb sticks or any other removable hard drive or data cable may also infected by worms.The Conficker worm can also disable important services on your computer.So for computer protection you can downloaded some software like Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool or any other anti virus software.