Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to delete VBS/NewLove virus from my computer?

Networking & Security

Old 31-01-2010

How to delete VBS/NewLove virus from my computer?

My computer system is infected with some VBS/NewLove virus. I get to know this when my antivirus software gave me the alert message that VBS/NewLove is detected on my computer system. I have deleted this VBS/NewLove from my computer system many times but this VBS/NewLove comes again and again. I have no idea why this is happening to my computer system. Now I just want to know how to get rid of this VBS/NewLove from the hard disk of my computer.

Old 31-01-2010

Re: How to delete VBS/NewLove virus from my computer?

VBS/NewLove is a kind of internet worm which uses Microsoft outlook for spreading from one computer system to another computer system. The threat level of this worm is really very high this also comprises of dangerous payload and this payload overwrite all the files through the virus code in a fly. If your current antivirus software is not able to delete this VBS/NewLove worm from your computer system then you must change your antivirus software.
Old 31-01-2010

Re: Remove this VBS/NewLove worm in safe mode

If your antivirus software is able to detect the VBS/NewLove worm on your computer system then it must be able to delete it from your computer system. I think the problem is with the update. According to me you must update your antivirus software. You can update your antivirus software from its official site. Try to remove the virus from your computer system in safe mode. This option will definitely help you to remove this VBS/NewLove worm from your computer system.
Old 31-01-2010

Re: Try to restore your computer system

For removing this VBS/NewLove worm from your computer system you can go for system restore. System restore is not a perfect solution but can minimize the damage done your computer system. For doing the system restore you can follow these simple steps.
1. Go to Start >> Programs >> Accessories >> System tools
2. Select system restore
3. After that a system restore window will be displayed.
4. You have just select the date for system restore
5. Reboot your personal computer.
Old 31-01-2010

It is clear from the above replies that this VBS/NewLove worm is an internet worm. This worm sends infected email for spreading from one computer system to another. The subject and the body contents of the infected email are randomly selected by this VBS/NewLove worm. For removing this worm solos antivirus software is the best option. Solos antivirus not only remove the VBS/NewLove worm from your computer system but also remove all the other malicious codes which can harm your computer system.
Old 31-01-2010

Changing your antivirus software or updating the antivirus software will definitely remove the VBS/NewLove worm from your computer system but it will be better to use preventive measures for avoiding problem like these.
1. Do not download pirated software, because they may contain the backdoor.
2. Update your antivirus software regularly
3. Scan your system on the regular basis
4. Enable your firewall setting and use strong passwords for preventing your system

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , , ,