Thread: How to remove VBS/Plan virus from your computer system?

How to remove VBS/Plan virus from your computer system?

I think my computer system is infected some kind of virus or worm. The reason is that my computer system is behaving in abrupt manner. My computer system is also working very slowly. When I scanned my computer system with help of antivirus software, I received the alert message that VBS/Plan is detected. I am trying to delete this VBS/Plan from my computer system but I am unable to do so. I do not know what is this VBS/Plan. I just want to know how to get rid of this VBS/Plan from my computer system.

Re: How to remove VBS/Plan virus from your computer system?

VBS/Plan which is detected on your computer system is a VB script worm. This VBS/Plan worm uses Microsoft outlook for spreading from one computer system to another computer system. The good thing about this VBS/Plan worm is that it requires windows scripting for infecting the system. That means that if you want to disable this VBS/Plan worm in your computer system you just have to remove the windows scripting host from your computer system.

If your antivirus software is detecting this VBS/Plan worm on your computer system then it must be able to delete this VBS/Plan worm from your computer system. I think the problem is with the up-dates related to your computer antivirus software. You must try to upgrade your antivirus software and then try to delete this VBS/Plan worm from your computer system. Try to delete this worm from your computer system in safe mode. This will surely help you.

Re: VBS/Plan is a internet worm

It is clear from the above replies that VBS/Plan is internet worm. This worm enters your computer system through the infected email messages. The subject and the body of the infected email message are randomly selected by the VBS/Plan worm. This worm comes with the attachment name .BMP.vbs, .JPG.vbs, and.GIF.vbs. For example something.bmp.vbs or something.jpg.vbs. If the windows host windows scripting host is installed the extension vbs will not appear.

If the victim opens the email attachment then it will copy the LINUX32.vbs and the reload.vbs in the windows folder. After that it tries to change the registry setting so that it can launch at the time of next start up. After entering in the victims computer system it also download other malicious codes which can harm the victims computer system. If your current antivirus software is not able to delete this VBS/Plan worm from your computer system then you must change your antivirus software.

Re: Removing method VBS/Plan worm

For protecting your computer system you have to disable the windows Scripting host using the steps given below.
    1. Go to Start >> Settings >> Control Panel
    2. After that select Add/Remove programs.
    3. Now select the windows setup tab.
    4. After that double click on Accessories
    5. Now scroll down to windows scripting host
    6. You have to just uncheck the box.