Thread: Running Internet Explorer displays a warning for JS/Elecom.A Exploit

Running Internet Explorer displays a warning for JS/Elecom.A Exploit

I have recently upgraded my computer system configuration to accommodate Windows 7 operating system. I was earlier using Windows Vista. Everything worked fine after the upgradation except for the Internet Explorer. I have install Symantec anti-virus. When I open Internet Explorer 8 Symantec displays a warning message for JS/Elecom.A Exploit. This message is being displayed since there was a update of IE8 which I did as it was recommended.

Internet Explorer Infected by Virus

The issue can persist as a result of Virus infection. The update might be a forged update which indeed consisted of a malicious code that got executed after you installed the updates. My recommendation is that you un-install Internet Explorer at ones. Internet Explorer is known to be vulnerable to a number of network threats which in turn can be fatal to the user information that is passed through Internet Explorer. You may try the Mozilla Firefox.

Denial of Services

The shell-code detection which explores the weaknesses of the Internet Explorer browser is tracked as JS/Elecom.A. This threat is known to cause the Denial of Service(DOS) attack. The threat also attempts to download and execute unknown files which contain malicious code and also send user data to remote attacker.

Setup the Windows Firewall

As per your description there seems to be that the Windows Firewall is not setup for your system. If the Windows Firewall is not setup then it is an easy access for malicious programs to attack your machine. Thus first of all you need to setup Windows Firewall. Follow the steps mentioned below to setup Windows Firewall for Windows 7:
    1. Launch the Star Menu by clicking the Star Button.
    2. In the Search box type in Windows Firewall.
    3. Click on Windows Firewall from the displayed suggestions.
    4. Click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
    5. To Setup Windows Firewall On select Turn on Windows Firewall.
    6. Finally click OK.

Run a System Scan in Safe Mode

The Exploit JS/Elecom.A is a detection of a virus that infects the Internet Explorer. This virus can easily be identified by any anti-virus provided the anti-virus database is updated for the most recent threats. But if the virus goes undetected, you can probably use the Safe Mode. Boot your computer to Safe Mode and run a System Scan in Safe Mode to track the virus.

Instead of Upgrading Do a Complete Installation

The issue is correctly detected by your anti virus. The warning message is regarding the malicious code that gets executed along with Internet Explorer. If the malicious code cannot be detected then the only efficient way to get the system stable and safe is by re-installing the Windows. Also there are a number of issues that have been known to occur with Windows 7 upgradation. Thus I suggest you to do a complete installation of Windows 7 rather than upgradation.