Thread: CNM MiniBook Connection Problems

CNM MiniBook Connection Problems

I've just bought a CNM Minibook. I'm trying to connect to my wireless connection on my minibook. I'm trying to connect to my wireless connection on my minibook. The icon for network connection will suddenly say disconnected and when i try to reconnect only the edit VPN connections is available and the light on my dongle remains on showing a connection. I'm getting the following error: Connected Aquire IP address, then it says after a little while the message changes to IP address invalid. Can any one tell me that how do i resolve CNM MiniBook connection problems? Does any body knows about it? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: CNM MiniBook Connection Problems

It's a cheap as chips netbook running an unspecified flavour of Linux on it. The machine has issues connecting to a WAP or Wireless Router if there are other wireless networks in the vicinity which are on the same channel (frequency). CnM are better known for their excellent USB flash memory devices, however they have also jumped onto the ‘netbook’ bandwagon that other more well known manufactures.

It is also affected by DECT base stations which run on the 2.4GHz frequency. With a built-in Wi-Fi card, accessing the internet should be no problem, however I have been unable to test this since I currently have no internet access at home Basically if multiple networks are running on the same channel, the interference degrades the performance of the wireless network to such an extent that the machine times out waiting for the connection to be completed.

The main problem, other than the few gripes I have already outlines above, is the lack of storage capacity. If you’ve just got the laptop out of the box, performing a software update using the inbuilt software updater is a good idea. This resolves a few glitches including some issues with the wireless function. It may be necessary to connect directly to your router using a cable to do this first time.

A fix for this which will increase the time out period is currently being tested, but as an interim measure we are recommending that any users which have an issue. According to me you need to check out your usb port on hub. I think the problem might be with your usb port on hub. Change the channel that there WAP or Wireless Router is running on to one which is free to alleviate this interference problem and also give the added benefit of increasing the networks performance.

Even i was getting an ''IP address not recognized' message while trying to connect to the internet. For that you need to check out your logs by using iwconfig and ifconfig commands. This message occurs when the machine isn't able to complete the set up of a wireless connection, usually because it has timed out waiting for an IP address to be issued.