Thread: Remove GreatDefender.exe

Remove GreatDefender.exe

I am using Windows XP as my operating system and everything was working fine but i don't know when i was listening music and was doing some important work of my office at that time i got a message as GreatDefender.exe is a harmful program and need to be deleted from your system. I tried a lot to remove it from my system but was not able to delete that file can anyone help me out with this issue ?

Information about GreatDefender.exe

GREATDEFENDER.EXE is a Trojan.Agent/Gen-NFile[Chronic] which it is configure to run automatically when Windows loads. At the same time it also adds products to the system registry, writes to another Process's Virtual memory and at the same time creates or uses a background service to access the Internet using HTTP protocols.

How to remove GreatDefender.exe

If you want to remove GreatDefender.exe from your system then press Ctrl + Alt + Del button then and go to process tab and delete GreatDefender.exe process after that click on start go to run option and type regedit and press enter now registry window would get open from here browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run GreatDefender.exe and delete the registry and fianlly reboot your system for changes to get effected.

Remove GreatDefender.exe

Thanks for your reply is there any other way apart from deleting registry entry because i had try to find it but once i reboot my system it comes back again, can anyone suggest me good anti virus software or malware which is capable of removing GreatDefender Trojan form my system.

Remove GreatDefender.exe

In that case i you need to format your system but before doing this i would suggest you to download and Superantispyware which is capable of removing trojan from your system and at the same time it also protect from spyware, adware, malware, rootkits, worms, trojans, keyloggers, bots and other forms of harmful software.