Thread: Infected by Vilsel.gen.f malware

Infected by Vilsel.gen.f malware

I am using the Dell Studio One 19 desktop computer with configuration: Intel Core 2 Duo with chipset NVIDIA MCP 7A, Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 9200, 4GB DDR2 SDRAM, 256GB HDD and Windows XP as operating system. I use the internet on daily basis and recently when i was surfing an alert came from my Norton antivirus that "Vilsel.gen.f is found". I don't what this alert means and how to remove it?. Please tell me what to do with malware.

Re: Infected by Vilsel.gen.f malware

The alert "Vilsel.gen.f is found" indicates that your computer has been infected by trojan horse. They are not like viruses, trojan's does self-replicate. This trojan's gets spread manually by the users actions. This trojan is not that high leve risk one, but yet they are dangerous. I think you would be using the trial version of Norton, which are only able to detect the trojan's and cannot remove it. So, upgrade Norton to full version.

I think your computer is infected by the trojans and this does not self-replicate. This trojans comes under low risk category. They will spread manually mostly under the premise that the executable is something beneficial. The distribution channels include Internet Relay Chat, P2P networks, newsgroup postings, e-mails, etc. May be certain known variants were also known to be installed via web exploits. Install AVG antivirus which has ability to remove this kind of trojan's.

Firstly, i would recommend you to uninstall the Norton antivirus, has it is of no use and only occupies memory. Install the AVG full/registered version of antivirus which has ability to stop, detect and remove the trojans which are found on your machine. The alert you got tells that it is a trojan, and they does not self-replicate and spread manually. Hope your problem get solved.

My knowledge about the malware says that your computer is infected by the trojan horse. The file size of this trojan horse is 771894 bytes and the aliases are: "BitDefender - Trojan.Generic.2959926" or "F-Secure-Trojan.Generic.2959926" or "Kaspersky - Trojan.Win32.Vilsel.qte". This type of trojan can also come through some web exploits, hijacked websites or webpage. So, try not to visit unknown sites. Install Full Version of McAfee antivirus and remove this trojan.

I would tell you not to worry so much. The malware found on your machine is low profile trojan horse. It does not affect your machine that much also. Mostly it has came from internet only, and i think the antivirus you are using is of trial which allows like this trojan's to enter into machine. Install the AVG 2010 full version which provides good internet security and will have ability to remove this trojan found. Hope your problem get fix.