Thread: Microsoft Security Essentials popup on startup

Microsoft Security Essentials popup on startup

I have Windows 7 running here and on the Suggestions on the various forums and blogs I purchased Microsoft Security Essentials. Well that is really not serving me but instead it is harassing me here. I have seen that it is giving me the pop ups saying that a Potential threat is found. After that it just comes up with Unknown Win32/Trojan with a RED Mark over this. What is really going on here? Is there anything that I can get in this sense? I have scanned the system a number of times but really yet was not able to get out of it here. I get this pop up as soon as I start up the System and enter the Windows with the successful login there. Please let me know if I will be able to get out of this here. Any help will be appreciated here.

Re: Microsoft Security Essentials popup on startup

I am of the opinion that you might be getting this error since you must have done something wrong at the time of the setup of the Microsoft Security Essentials and if that is really the case then please see if you can find any unrelated option ticked in the Settings of the Microsoft Security Essentials. Make a check on this there. Also please see if you can uninstall all the other components that came along with the installation package of the Microsoft Security Essentials here. It might not be the Microsoft Security Essentials but the extra items that had accompanied it can be the real culprit here. Please make a check on this and restart the system and see if you are getting back the alert again here. Please let me get notified about the same here.

Well I have been on the internet and I have recently have seen that this can be the fake Microsoft Security Essentials Alert. Well that is the thing that I feel here. After looking at all the things closely there; I have seen that this issue actually points out about a Trojan and in addition to that it will let you think that you are infected which is really not the case there. This is actually a business tactics that will later ask you to uninstall the current version of the Microsoft Security Essentials and then purchase and install any of the five antivirus program that have been launched.

Really if this is the case then let me tell you that it is the worst thing that I have yet seen. Well keeping the security features in mind I think that it will be simply great if you can try to go with the diagnostic for this. Cannot take chance with the pop up that is being displayed here. I would like you to run the Microsoft Security Essentials scan and then see for the updates. Install the updates and then restart the system and see if you are getting the pop up again. If you are getting this then it will be really great if you can go with eth REINSTALLTION of the Microsoft Security Essentials and please while downloading and installing see if you do not end up in having something weird or something that is really not required here.

Well if at all you are getting the issue with the Microsoft Security Essentials then it will be really great if you can simply have some other Antivirus Program installed in your case here. I would like you to go with AVG FREE or if not that the Premium version of AVG. Also if you want to try the one that I am having in my system then you can have the ESET NOD 32 here. Really it is light on the system and let me tell you that it has not yet come up with any issues as such you can really rely on it. Please while making the purchase please see what is the BIT version of the Operating System that you are having on System and then go for the Download there. Hope that this will really help you there. Please let me know about the move that you have made here.

I have seen the five Antivirus program that Microsoft Security Essentials is offering and let me show you here: Red Cross Antivirus, Peak Protection 2010, Pest Detector 4.1, Major Defense Kit and ThinkPoint. I am even of the same opinion and really I think that you should go with some other antivirus program instead. In addition to that if you want to give this another chance then let me say that you can go for the reinstallation of this (Microsoft Security Essentials) and see if that really goes in your way. Let me get notified about the same.

I have tried the Microsoft Security Essentials twice since it first came out and have seen a profound over all slow down when I open web browsing. Is it just me or has some one else notice this? I have a Acer lap top 5520-5334, 180 gig HD, AMD 64 1.7 Gig CPU running Vista SP2 32 bit. I am currently running Norton security 360.

My SECOND QUESTION is this a "CLOUD" prgram and if so is that a lot like the "Main Frame" from yester year and is that a security risk of its own?