Thread: How to host domain for my Computer

How to host domain for my Computer

I’ve a domain for 2 years and now I want to host site on my computer. I want to know how to host my site on my computer. can I do this if yes then how. I know how to host but I want to host my own domain. I know to use DNS(domain naming service) but I don’t know how to host a domain for my computer. I’m using wireless system so please help me and tell me the procedure step by step. If you don’t have the procedure then please suggest me some tips related to this.

Re: How to host domain for my Computer

Yes, you can host a website on your home computer. You can use your home computer as a web server, you need few things to do that: a static IP address, 24 hrs internet connectivity, web server software and a reliable operating system. In addition of web server software you need some extra software to secure your server from various kind of attack like hacker attack, virus attack, worm attack. You need some additional security feature to secure your server.

You can host your own DNS server and you don’t have to pay anyone for that. It is highly recommended to use two domain server for any fault tolerance, It is for safety purpose. Windows DNS server wil be the best for hosting on a same machine of web server. You can do this by forwarding your DNS connection to the IP address of your web server on your private network. In your domain configuration you have to point to the IP address of your router and now, you can host your domain on same computer.

You need a static IP address to do this because your IP address should not be changed if you want to host a domain. You can host your domain from your computer but I don’t know it is legal or not. You have to find out first it is legal or not but it is possible to host your domain from your computer. For hosting you need a few things which is necessary like high broadband bandwidth, 24 hrs connectivity and a windows DNS server to install. In addition to this you also need some more software to protect your server because it is very important to protect your server from an external attack.