Thread: Recovering the Windows Network password

Recovering the Windows Network password

Hi,
    I have some issues regarding the network which I using right now. First I have small dialer internet connection. I don't want that anyone to use that. So what can be proper tool in case if I loose a password. The other thing is that I am using multiple user accounts with password protection. How to enter those accounts without password. And whenever my computer boots up My Documents folder open ups automatically. Is this a virus issue.

Re: Recovering the Windows Network password

For those who have set up a LAN at home, it is common for windows asks you to enter your password to log you on. What is interesting for networks that manage multiple accounts, but useless for most private networks. Click Start, Settings, Control Panel. Double-click the Network icon. In the new window, choose from the list Log Home, line Log windows. Click OK and now you will go directly to your desktop, no password to enter.

Here is a one more small tip for those who would be fun to create a password to enter their Windows session, and do not know to delete the password. Here is the steps. Open windows by typing your password to log you on. Click Start, Settings, Control Panel. Double-click the Passwords icon. Click Change Windows Password. A new dialog box appears. Then enter your old password, and do not fill the areas new password. Give OK.

I am using a simple tool called Dialupass. Dialupass to retrieve the identifiers of Internet connection (username and password) that are stored on your computer. Windows 2000 and XP, you can retrieve this information if you are an administrator. Dialupass is a program that allows you to recover passwords of Internet connection. Although your connection identifiers and passwords are normally stored, it can happen that you need them for one reason or another some day.

When you launch the browser under Windows XP, it has the annoying tendency to always open the My Document directory. This may require you to navigate in the tree to reach the desired directory. This can be tedious if you still want to reach a different directory. But this is not a virus issue. It is configured in your computer from the time of installation. You can leave it as it is if you want.

Fortunately, it is possible to change the default path. Just change the shortcut in the Start menu. In the Start menu, go to Programs / Acessories and make a right-click Windows Explorer. Choose Properties. Change the value of Target by adding at the end of the command line: / n, / e, newpath. The sameple syntax is EXPLORER.EXE [/ n] [/ i] [, / root, <object> ][[,/ select] < >]/ . The parameters in it are n: Opens a new window , e: Uses Windows Explorer view, root : Indicates the view root and select: Indicates the folder is selected for the initial view