Thread: Unable to create a virtual network in Windows 7

Unable to create a virtual network in Windows 7

I am having a two virtual machines which are running on windows Vista and the other windows 2003 server. But now i want to create a virtual network on my windows 7 but the 2 virtual machines are not recognized by windows 7. I tried to setup the virtual network but could not set it up. Both the Virtual machines are running. please tell me how to create a virtual network with windows 7.

Re: Unable to create a virtual network in Windows 7

Firstly make sure that you have set the Virtual machine nic to bridged and not to NAT Since they need to be on the host network i think that you can access the virtual network through the IP address and not with the name. If this does not fix the issue change the Adapter to physical on both of the virtual machines.

I am not getting the exact problem which you are facing try connecting to the Windows 7. You can also try to connect all the three systems to the same network. Since Windows 7 system is stand-alone or it is in a network. If this problem persists still then there might be a problem with your network adapter just change it.

In this matter i would advice you to input an IP address of a particular website which you know in the address bar of your browser and then press the enter key. I this does the trick for you then this must be due to Domain name system error or you can say the DNS Error. Then without waiting any more call the network administrator and ask him to solve this error.

Try the steps which i have mentioned below i think that this will definitely solve your issue

1. Click the start menu Go to the Control Panel.
    2. Open the "Device Manager"
    3. Right click on "Realtek RTL9368" and click "Uninstall", it will prompt if you want to remove the driver, click yes.
    4. Now just restart the system once

It sounds like your Virtual network connection is not working because it might be possible that the winsock proxy client is active. In order to correct this error you will have to take help from the network administrator to enable the winsock proxy client. After enabling the Winsock proxy you can surely connect to your virtual network. Hope fully this will fix your problem.