Thread: Remove Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot!IK from the system

Remove Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot!IK from the system

I need some techniques to remove Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot!IK from the system. I am using Windows Vista operating system and my browser is Opera 10. The Escan antivirus that I have installed in my system alerted me about the same. I cannot understand why I am not able to delete this infection from the antivirus interface. Kindly help me with some suitable solutions and suggestions to this problem as soon as possible.

The manual deletion method

Use the manual deletion method to remove Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot!IK from the system. When this infection enters into the system, it installs with the name, ue.exe. You will have to search for this file on your computer. After you have got the search results, open the Task Manager and kill the processes of this particular ue.exe. Then, go to the original location of this file, where you have got the search results and delete it permanently from the system.

Formatting is the only method

Formatting is the only method that can be used to remove Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot!IK from the system. This is because this infection is a trojan and they seem to be genuine programs from outside, whereas internally they work as destructive programs. So, the manual deletion is not such an easy task. So, ultimately the only solution available is to format the computer and install a new copy of the operating system that you are using.

Use a well updated antivirus

Inorder to remove Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot!IK from the system, I suggest you to use a well updated antivirus. I do not think that Escan is a good antivirus against trojans. AVG is the best antivirus that has been recommended by the experts for the remove of all kinds of infections along with worms, virus as well as trojans. Install this antivirus, run a full system scan and remove all the unhealed infections that are detected during the scan.
    Last edited by Snake08; 28-01-2010 at 11:47 PM.

Use boot scan

Use boot scan to remove Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot!IK from the system. I can assure you that this method can remove all kinds of infections from the system, since this scan takes place before the operating system loads. So, the infections remain inactive at this time as they cannot execute before the startup of the operating system. All antivirus do not provide this feature and hence, I suggest you to use Avast antivirus as it has this feature enabled with it.

System restore will help

I guess system restore will help to remove Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot!IK from the system. This is a very harsh method, since it removes all the applications and programs that have been installed between the time of the system restore. Be aware that you do the system restore to a time when you are sure that the infections had not entered the system. This method is used when all the removal techniques fail.