Thread: JS.Pdfka.bdm installed by a PDF Manual

JS.Pdfka.bdm installed by a PDF Manual

I was looking for a software to compress videos with .mp4 format. I was searching for it on Google and that time I had come across a PDF Manual for a software that was providing the compression, but when I downloaded this PDF Manual a JS.Pdfka.bdm trojan was detected and since then I am getting alert messages every time I run a scan using my Norton Anti-Virus.

Scan in Safe Mode

My recommendation is that you would have to use the Safe Mode scan. This would make use of only the basic software to boot your computer. No application of third party are executed in this mode. Using this mode you can scan your computer to track down the JS.Pdfka.bdm trojan. Once the trojan is detected and deleted you can boot your computer back to normal mode.

Approved MPUC Invite Letter.pdf

The malware JS.Pdfka.bdm is an infection spread by downloading a malicious PDF file. This malware is designed to explore the pitfalls of Adobe Reader as well as Adobe Acrobat. If this file is downloaded or stored and opened on any host machine the JS.Pdfka.bdm malware hets activated, thus infecting the host. The Approved MPUC Invite Letter.pdf file existence in the Temp folder approves the presence of JS.Pdfka.bdm.

Malicious JavaScript

It can be that the trojan has made an entry in the System Registry in order to be not detected by any anti virus process. This trojan is also capable to run shell code. There is a malicious JavaScript which is embedded and is intended to run the shell code. Using this the trojan transfers the user data to a remote host.

Update Adobe Reader or Acrobat Reader

The reason the trojan infects a system is the presence of an outdated or old version of Adobe Reader or Acrobat Reader or both. SO if you want your system to be safe from this trojan you will have to update the softwares. This will not let the trojan view any vulnerability and thereby securing your system. Also make sure never to download or click on any attachments of .pdf files from any of the Spam -emails as they can contain a potential trojan.