Thread: Win32/Ixeshe.A Trojan duplicating desktop icons

Win32/Ixeshe.A Trojan duplicating desktop icons

My computer which runs on a Windows Vista Service Pack 2 platform is being attacked by the Win32/Ixeshe.A Trojan. There have been many arbitrary files that are being downloaded on my computer. Many of my desktop icons are duplicated by this Trojan. Also sometimes I cannot access my D Drive. I have a single 120 GB hard drive which I have partitioned into 3 Drives C, D, E with 35, 40, 45 GB storage capacity. The Trojan can be detected by any anti-virus but the issue is that it cannot be terminated.

Re: Win32/Ixeshe.A Trojan duplicating desktop icons

Check the following signs to narrow done on the existence of Trojan: Win32/Ixeshe.A.
    • It would modify the Windows Registry by adding the value: UAVSet to the subkey HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run with %TEMP%\Updater.exe.
    • A file name Updater will be present in the Temp folder that has .exe extension.
    This trojan also exist by the name Troj/Bckdr-RAS and W32/Malware.KWKK.

Win32/Ixeshe.A Trojan allows Remote Access

As with every other trojan this trojan is also known to forward the data from the infected machine of the user to the hacker. This also lets the attacker to access the user machine remotely from the backdoor provided by the trojan. This trojan executes the commands as sent by the attacker and this includes downloading malicious contents on the user machine as well as cause the Denial of Attack.

Automatic Updates to be enabled

The detected trojan probably made its way to your computer as the Automatic Updates for Windows Vista might be turned off. It is recommended strictly by Microsoft to always turn the Automatic Updates On to keep the Windows operating system up-to-date with the latest threats. Here are the steps to turn On the Automatic Updates for Windows Vista:
    1. Go to the Start Menu by pressing the Windows Button on the keyboard.
    2. Browse to Windows Update from All Programs in Start Menu.
    3. Click on Change settings.
    4. Make a choice of your preferred option.
    5. Make selection for Include recommended updates when downloading, installing, or notifying me about updates check box under Recommended updates.

Restore your Computer's Secure Settings

A very efficient and useful advantage of Windows is its ability to restore the settings of an earlier secure date. This is done in order to roll back the settings to a selected date-time. For this Windows has the built-in Windows System Restore Utility. Using this utility you can reset your systems settings to terminate the Trojan's presence.