Thread: Infected by W32/Autorun.worm.gj malware

Infected by W32/Autorun.worm.gj malware

I am using the Dell Inspiron 580 desktop computer with configuration: Intel Core i3, 512MB NVIDIA GeForce GT220, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 512GB HDD and Windows XP as operating system. I have installed the McAfee trial version of antivirus. Few days ago, i got alert from McAfee that "W32/Autorun.worm.gj has been found", on computer. I don't know what is this alert and how to remove it, Is it any type of malware? Please help me in removing it.

Re: Infected by W32/Autorun.worm.gj malware

I think the alert you got on computer is telling that worm named "W32/Autorun.worm.gj" has been entered into your machine. W32/Autorun.worm.gj is one of the worm type which will attempt to infect all the drives present on your machine and download additional malware to further infect the system. You should update your antivirus and try to remove the worm detected. Hope your problem will be fix soon.

The alert indicates that your machinehas detected the worm, which very high risk one. The worm "W32/Autorun.worm.gj" will try to infect all the drives installed on your computer and when executed, it will make the following registry key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftActive SetupInstalled Components{67KLN5J0-4OPM-00WE-AAX5-74CC3A182132}." This worm can be removed by installing the AVG full version of antivirus. Hope your problem will be solve.

According to me, yur machine has been infected by the low profile worm .This worms usually damages/corrupt all the drivers installed on your computer. The worm "W32/Autorun.worm.gj" injects itself into the explorer.exe process. The communication which is attempt are from domain as follows: gr8.helldark.biz and gr8.aranematsccont.biz. This worm may also come from autorun.inf file on the drive. Install the registered version of antivirus and remove the worm.

Firstly, would recommend you to install the Registered/Licensed version of McAfee and not use the demo version, because demo cannot protect your computer fully and they will mostly do detection work and not removing work. I think you would be using the internet also, which is the main reason behind this infection. So, strongly recommend to use full version of antivirus and not the demo. Hope your problem will be fix soon

My personal thinking says that your machine is infected by worm named "W32/Autorun.worm.g". This worm will corrupt all the drivers present on your computer. They seems to be very dangerous by their behavior. You are using the trial version of McAfee which has allow worm to enter into your system. So, install the full licensed version of antivirus which will not allow this kind of worm to enter into your system and will also have ability to remove it.