Thread: How to create homegroup in windows 7?

How to create homegroup in windows 7?

Hello to al i am looking for a way by which i can create a homegroup and connect my laptop with it. i am using the Windows 7 with the both of my device that desktop as well as the laptop. But the problem is that i haven't any idea about the making the connection as i want to share the file on the laptop. So if any one have idea about the How to create homegroup in windows 7 please help me for the same as i have not created this during the time of the installation. Thank you

Re: How to create homegroup in windows 7?

If you have missed the homegroup creation during the time of the installation of the Windows 7 and need to make the homegroup then you have to follow the steps given below that will help you for the same so that you can share the file with your laptop. So just go with the this.
    • Click on the Start menu
    • In the Search type Homegroup
    • Click on the Homegroup setting
    • On the homegroup setting window click on the Create Homegroup button on the bottom of the window
    • On the next window select the file that you want to share.
    • The homegroup is crated and you have got the password to add the computer to it.
    • If you want to change the password then click on the "Change password"
    • Now you have created the homegroup.

Hey thanks for the help that you have given me regarding the creation of the Homegroup and i have followed the complete procedure and finally created the same. But now the problem is that how can i add the computer to the homegroup so that i can share the file and data from my laptop to the desktop. So help me with this also.

This also same as the creation of the Homegroup. Follow the above procedure to open up the Homegroup. Now there instead of the Create homegroup button you will get the Join Now button click on that. On the next window select the file that you need to share and click on the next. Now enter the password that you have created for the use of the Homegroup and click on the next. Now you have successfully joined in the homgroup. Now you can access the file and printer on the network.

As you have created the network now you can share the file on the homegroup. You can also share the printer for the use of the printing of the document from the network computer. You can add more then one computer to the homegroup with the above given method. You can also leave the homegroup any time when you wish to. For leaving of the homegroup you have to go through the link given below.

HomeGroup makes it easy to share pictures, music, documents, videos, and printers with other people on your home network. When you set up a computer with this version of Windows, a homegroup is created automatically. But you can also create a homegroup by following these steps:
    1. Open HomeGroup by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, typing homegroup in the search box, and then clicking HomeGroup.
    2. On the Share with other home computers running Windows 7 page, click Create a homegroup, and then follow the instructions.

For more regarding the same visit the windows.microsoft.com.