Thread: How to share and stream digital media between Windows 7 on network?

How to share and stream digital media between Windows 7 on network?

I have a problem that i need to fix with the help of yours. I have setup a home network all are having the Windows 7 operating system running on them. My problem is that i want to share and stream the digital media between the these machine so that i an view the file and media on the any of the machine of the Network. So help me with the "How to share and stream digital media between Windows 7 on network?". Thank you

Re: How to share and stream digital media between Windows 7 on network?

For that you have to turn the media streaming options. After that give a name to the Media Streaming so that you can identify it with the name you have given. Also make sure that all the computer on the network have the access of this. If you are running only two machine on the network than it is by default set up between both. Now select the type of the media that you want to share and on the Windows media player you have to make the Automatically allow devices to play my media from the Stream. That all you have to do now you can play or share any file from the one machine to other. So make the same to share the media on network. Thanks

You can manage the playing of the media from the one machine to the all the computer on the network for that you need to activate the Allow remote control of my Player which will enable the remote access of the media on the network. After that when you want share the file and stream the digital media then just right click on the file and you will get the option of the "Play to" which will display the name of the media streaming to play the same. So select the same and start working with the same.

Hey as i am new for the Widows so unable to understand the thing that you have specified so if you specify the complete thing in detail then this will be better for me to understand the same and also i can stream and share the digital media easily. So help me with the same. I hoping the step wise description of the whole procedure. Thank you

AS you have asked for the step wise detail of the same then follow the given procedure that i am giving you below.
    1. Click on the start
    2. In search type Media Streaming
    3. Now click on the Media Steaming option
    4. On the Media streaming option give a name
    5. Also allow the file sharing
    6. Now choose which file you want to share and click on the OK
    7. On the WMP click on the stream and then to Automatically allow devices to play my media
    8. Now Click on the Allow remote control of my Player
    9. Now Click on the Allow remote control on this network
    10. Now enjoy streaming of the file

If media sharing isn't already turned on, follow these steps:
    1. Click the Start button Picture of the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Media Player.
    2. If the Player is currently open and you’re in Now Playing mode, click the Switch to Library button Picture of the Switch to Library button in the upper-right corner of the Player.
    3. Click Stream, and then click Turn on home media streaming.
    4. Turn on home media streaming won't be available on the Stream menu if streaming is already turned on.
    5. On the Media streaming options page, click Turn on media streaming. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    6. Click OK.