Thread: My computer is repeatedly attacked by MonitoringTool: Win32/DouglasKeylogger.A

My computer is repeatedly attacked by MonitoringTool: Win32/DouglasKeylogger.A

I do not know why but my computer is repeatedly being attacked by the MonitoringTool: Win32/DouglasKeylogger.A. Every now and then my Symantec anti virus generates alert messages for MonitoringTool: Win32/DouglasKeylogger.A. I do not know whether this is a spyware, virus, trojan or any other such malicious code. All I want to know is how to get rid of this MonitoringTool: Win32/DouglasKeylogger.A?

Re: My computer is repeatedly attacked by MonitoringTool: Win32/DouglasKeylogger.A

As per my information the detected threat or unknown program MonitoringTool: Win32/DouglasKeylogger.A by your anti-virus Symantec is not indeed a virus or a trojan. This is a monitoring program which is a freeware application. It intends on keeping track of the activities of the user which includes keystrokes typed. I do not know if this program can be considered harmful malicious code or not. But it can be removed by scanning your computer thoroughly with an updated anti-virus

MonitoringTool: Win32/DouglasKeylogger.A Files

In case if any system is infected by the MonitoringTool: Win32/DouglasKeylogger.A the user needs to verify the presence of the following files in the Systems folder for symptoms:
    info.DGL
    helperkbs.dll
    SVCHOST.EXE
    DOUGLAS.EXE
    ReadInfo.exe
    SERVICES.EXE
    deleteinfo.exe
    This unwanted applications is usually installed by some other applications without the concern of the user. Also it might be installed when the user unknowingly clicked on any advertisements on the internet.

Re: My computer is repeatedly attacked by MonitoringTool: Win32/DouglasKeylogger.A

You may use the Safe Mode of your computer. This mode will allow you to scan for any illegal malicious program that might be running in your system. If any third party that you are willing to use would not be available in the Safe Mode. To boot your computer to Safe Mode restart it and keep on tapping the F8 key. Run a complete scan of your computer to detect and take appropriate actions against any detected threats.

Safe Mode also not helpful

I had tried the Safe Mode scan previously and still this was not able to discard the MonitoringTool: Win32/DouglasKeylogger.A from my computer. I even had switched my anti virus from Symantec to Kaspersky but that too did not help me. I usually use Internet Explorer 8, but due to the alert messages I switched to Mozilla Firefox but now the alert messages are generated in Firefox browsing as well. Provide some other valuable solutions.

Make use of the Windows System Restore Utility. This will make your system to roll back its settings to a selected point in past where in the system was running safely. This utility of Windows keeps track of your systems restore point which can be used to restore your system safely as and when needed. This also worked for me when I had a virus infection on my Dell laptop machine.