Thread: I found a new virus Exploit Rogue 1006

I found a new virus Exploit Rogue 1006

Hi,
    When i was browsing on web i caught this new "Exploit Rogue 1006" kind of virus. Most of the time whenever i try to search a website on google and when i click on the link, it takes me to other random places like "Yellowbook" or other different search engines.

When i scanned my system with AVG and tried to identify, it says that it's "Exploit Rogue 1006".

I scanned my computer with both AVG as well as MALWAREBYTES, but I was not able to find anything.

At the beginning it was just redirecting me to different websites and I was not bothered to do anything about it. But now i am getting this "DCOM Server Processor Launcher Terminated" thing which shuts my computer down in a minute at several times. After that i decided to do something for this virus.

So I tried to look, how to fix it online but there were no good results.

Re: I found a new virus Exploit Rogue 1006

Hello Hajra.
    If you have "Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2" then i whould suddest you to open HijackThis and scan your system.

Place do a check mark next to the following entries given below (if there):

* O20 - AppInit_DLLs: c:\windows\system32\suwunahe.dll,sesotoja.dll
    * O21 - SSODL: jilonatiz - {48e5a3c4-6b75-406c-82fb-3b31df9bd9c9}
    * O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: gahurihor - {48e5a3c4-6b75-406c-82fb-3b31df9bd9c9}

After that close all windows which are open, except for HijackThis and then click on Fix checked.
    Once you have completed with your scan, exit HijackThis.

If you are already having "ComboFix" then please delete it and download a new copy or a new version.

If you download combofix, it is important that it is should be saved directly on the Desktop.

Close all browser if any browsers open, (Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc) before starting ComboFix.

Temporarily disable your antivirus and antispyware real time protections before performing system scan.

Double click on combofix.exe and follow the prompts.
    If your are using Vista then Right-Click on ComboFix.exe and select Run as administrator, you will receive a UAC prompt, please allow it.

Please do not use mouseclick on ComboFix window while it is running. That can cause it to halt.

It is important to remember that you re-enable your antivirus and antispyware protection when ComboFix is complete.

Please go to any online virus scanning website there you just copy the file path in the code box.
    Please remember that if more than one file needs to be scanned they must be done separately.

On the upload site, click one time inside the window which is next to Browse.
    Press Ctrl+V on the keyboard to paste the file path into the window.
    Next click on Send File
    After sending your file it will possibly be entered into a queue which normally takes a minute to clear.
    It will perform a scan across multiple different virus scanning engines and wait for all of the scanning engines to complete.
    Copy the link and Paste the results in the next reply.

I'll suggest you to please download "SystemLook" from the net.

On Temporary based please disable your antivirus and other antispyware which are real time protection before performing a virus scan.

Do a double-click on the SystemLook.exe to run it on your system.
    Just copy the contents of the following codebox which is given below into the main textfield.

"Code:"
    :filefind
    XDva310.sys

Click on the Look button to start the complete scan.
    The scan will take some time.
    After finishing the scan, a notepad window will open with the results of the scan. Please post the log. It can also be found on your desktop saying "SystemLook.txt"

From my point of view if you manage to lose files permanently, even though they are backed up, it was because you surfed on a website where you shouldn't be there. However, it is possible to get your system infected by malware from anywhere on the internet. Most of the website with ads can pass these malware along with it. In the end, i whould say that you simply ignore the use IE if you want to make your system safe. And i am not saying that a malware ad is good to accept. No it's not.

I will tell you the solution for your query,
    I have found a great results with the free windows "Microsoft Security Essential" and also other free tool called Windows Live Safety Scanner. They are available free on the internet you can download it and they it worked better then my purchased Trend micro PC-Cillian.
    If you will find, that both of them are available on the same page they even have a page containing removal tool for old out of date virus protection.