Thread: Need help for removing W32.Gibe.A@mm virus

Need help for removing W32.Gibe.A@mm virus

From last week my computer system is working very slowly. My most of the work include surfing on the internet for the software, movies, song and download. Then I though may be I have been infected by the virus. So I scanned my computer systems with the help of antivirus software and I got the alert message thatW32.Gibe.A@mm is detected on my computer system. Now I need know how to delete this W32.Gibe.A@mm virus from your computer system.

Re: W32.Gibe.A@mm has its own SMTP engine.

W32.Gibe.A@mm is a kind of worm and this W32.Gibe.A@mm worm spreads through Microsoft outlook. This W32.Gibe.A@mm worm has its own SMTP (Simple mail transfer protocol) engine for spreading. The size of this worm is around 122880 bytes long. If your current antivirus software is not able to delete this worm from your computer system then you must change your antivirus software.

Re: Need help for removing W32.Gibe.A@mm virus

The infected mail through which this W32.Gibe.A@mm worm spread contain an attachment named “Q216309.exe”. For spreading from one computer system to another this worm sends the fake email to the other users with a message of “update coming from Microsoft”. If you download the attachment try to install it will behave in the same manner that Microsoft updates are designed. So be careful from this kind of worm.

W32.Gibe.A@mm worm not only infect the system but also changes the registry key so that it can launch at the time of next restart. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "3DfxAcc" = "\%WinDir%\GfxAcc.exe"
    "LoadDBackUp" = "\%WinDir%\BcTool.exe"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\AVTech\Settings]
    "Installed" = "... by Begbie"
    W32.Gibe.A@mm worm modifies the above registry key so that it can launch at the time of reboot. If you have the good knowledge of registry key then you can manually delete the above mentioned registry and can get rid of this W32.Gibe.A@mm worm.

Your antivirus software is detecting the W32.Gibe.A@mm worm on your computer system but not able to delete it. Then you must update your antivirus software. You can update your antivirus software through its official site. After updating your antivirus software remove the W32.Gibe.A@mm worm in safe mode. I am sure that deleting this W32.Gibe.A@mm worm in safe mode will surely solve your problem

Re: Preventive measures

Manually deleting the registry key or updating the antivirus software or using any other antivirus will definitely remove W32.Gibe.A@mm worm from your computer system but you must also follow some of the preventive measure for avoiding problem like these.
    1. Do not download pirated software, because they may contain the backdoor.
    2. Update your antivirus software regularly
    3. Scan your system on the regular basis
    4. Enable your firewall setting and use strong passwords for preventing your system