Thread: What are the configuration settings of Windows LAN

What are the configuration settings of Windows LAN

I cannot see my computers on network. I have a small 4 PC of network connection in my office. I had reconfigured the settings of internet in order to implement broadband on the network. But the problem is that when I open network places there are no computers. I need all the configuration setting which are needed to implement from start while creating a LAN network in Windows.

Re: What are the configuration settings of Windows LAN

Once you connect your all computers with each other then you will have to configure it manually in case of any errors. To do this you have to click (right) on the Network Neighborhood icon located on the desktop and go to properties. If this icon is not present is that the option was not selected during installation of Windows. To fix this, you must go to the Control Panel and double click on the Add / Remove Programs and select the Windows Setup tab.

In the control panel simple Then click on Communications and Details . And then select the DUN and finally validate the change. The CD-ROM of Windows you will be asked, and you must restart your computer to install this new option. Once the property menu of Network Neighborhood displayed then choose a hostname by clicking on the Identification tab. The computer name is used to represent your computer on the network and the network name.

In the case of a local network, it is advisable to put the same network name on each computer, but if a larger network, or a company, it may be useful to use multiple names network to better navigate. Then you must select the communications protocol. The protocol is essential TCP / IP: This is the protocol that is used on the Internet and allows any kind of network usage.

But if you want you can also install the IPX protocol used for some network games, but most of them also use the TCP / IP. Other protocols exist but are rarely used. Adding and deleting a protocol is done via 2 buttons Add and Delete. The most popular protocols are found in the manufacturer Microsoft. To access this file on other computers connected to the network, install the File Sharing option.

If you want to activate File Sharing in your network then Sharing files and printers, and confirm the option Allow other users to use my files, and if you have a printer on the network must also validate the option to allow other users to use my printer. This can be accessed by right clicking on the icon and then choosing properties. You can see a sharing tab there.