Thread: How to get administrative privilege?

How to get administrative privilege?

Hello, I have the problem with the setting up the Administrator account. I am running the home network computer that will be running with the other computers in network. All the computer in network is running with the user account as i have not created any administrator account for the same. But now i need to take the Administrator privilege to the certain account so if any one have the knowledge about the "How to get administrative privilege" can help me. Thanks

Re: How to get administrative privilege?

To get the Admin rights in the Windows XP you have to follow the methods i have describe for the same so that you can easily take the Administrator Privileges. Normally when you login you wont see the Admin account but if you login in the Safe mode then you will be easily see the Admin account. After that Right click on the My Computer Icon and the click on to the manage. Now Click on the Local Users and Groups to expand and then click on the Groups. After that double click on the Administrators and then to the. Now all you have to do is just enter the name of the account that you want to give the privileges. Click on the OK and thats it now you have the Administrator right that you are looking for after the restart of the system. Thanks

Hey you can also get the admin right from the command prompt that will give you the complete access of the Administrator rights. For that you have open the command prompt and type certain command that i am giving below just follow the step to complete the task of getting Administrator privileges.
    1. Click on the start
    2. And Go to the Run
    3. Now type the CMD
    4. After that in the Command Prompt "net user <new username> <password> /add"
    5. Now type "net localgroup" to view the group on machine
    6. After that "net localgroup administrators name /add" to assign to then Administrator account

With this you can take the Administrator Rights but if the cmd access is not restricted by the admin then only you can make this change.

How come it is possible that all the computer running in the network is not having the Admin account and all of them are running with the user account. Just make sure that you are having the Admin account or not. At the time of installation of the Windows XP it already prompt for the Administrator set up that will create the password of the same at that time only. So to check the Administrator boot in the Safe mode and then you will find the Admin log in if there is any so check that and then let me know

Just go with the following procedure to get the Administrator privileges that you are looking for to work with the network computer.
    • Just Right click on the My Computer
    • Click on the Manage
    • Click on the plus sign of the Local Users and Groups
    • On the Right pane double click on the Groups
    • Double Click on the Administrator
    • Enter the name for the account
    • Now you have the access to the same.

Thanks for all your help regarding the set up of the Administrator right for computer of mine so that i can make the set up of the certain program that i was unable to do before but now i can access all the program of the Windows XP running commuter on my network. Now i can install the software that was not installing before due to the administrator privilege problem.